Saturday, 12 August 2017

The Spotlight Technique with a Twist

Hi there - it's Linda here with you today. 
I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the gorgeous inspiration everyone has been posting for this month's Spotlight Challenge.  

                                  

For my spotlight card I thought I'd use a stencil and create a continuous pattern with parts of the pattern spotlighted in eye catching colours...

                             

You can see how my card was created in the video below or in HD on the Mudra You Tube channel -

   
                                      

Products used on Card #1 -


For my second card today I went very clean and simple...

                            

I created a water coloured panel with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers (Dark Pink/Cobalt Blue/Persian Green and Yellow) and cut it out with a Fishtail Flag Die. 
I then stamped the sentiment from 'Wishing You' in Versamark Onyx Black Ink.
I created a few teeny roses and leaves by colouring straight onto the stamp with the Zig Markers, stamping and then fussy cutting.

                              

Products used on Card #2 -

                                              


I was delighted to be able to play with new July release goodies for Card #3 and chose the 'Fern and Leaves' Stamp Set -

                         

First off I sponged Distress Oxide Inks around the card base - Worn Lipstick/ Cracked Pistachio/ Fossilized Amber and Wilted Violet.
I then stamped a variety of images over these blended areas with the same DO colours.
I spritzed the piece with water and allowed it to dry.
I then added some shine by spraying with a solution of Perfect Pearls.

                               

I chose a sentiment from the new 'Persian Elements' stamp set and stamped it on vellum with Versamark Ink and embossed it with Nuvo Gold Embossing Powder.
I then trimmed this piece and wrapped it around the card panel, securing on the back before adhering the whole piece to my card front.
A smattering of Mudra sequins were added as a finishing touch.

Products used on Card #3 -

                                      

Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

I'm off to check out the latest entries in this month's Spotlight Challenge - I hope you'll have some time to enter - we would love to see your card!

Linda :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Linda ! I lved your unique take on spotlight technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Linda!! Pretty colors and great designs. :-)

    ReplyDelete