Tuesday, 18 July 2017

Waterfall Card

Hi! Nandini Karmarkar here with some inspiration for you. This month's challenge is to make an interactive card. 



I love these cards as they have an element of surprise to them. There are many types of interactive cards and you can get loads of inspiration by following our blog this month. We also introduced a great stamp set this month with words and images especially meant for interactive cards.


I decided to make a waterfall card as inspiration. Here is the card.






Top view:



Second panel:




Third panel:




Sentiment panel:



To make the card:
  1. I cut 4 panels from white card stock and stamped the images from the Balloons stamp set with the Radiant Neon pigment inks by Tsukineko. 
  2. I took a long strip of dark blue card stock and scored it at 3.25 inches I made three more score lines half inch apart. I folded the paper at the top most score line and then trimmed the bottom to be an inch longer than the top strip. 
  3. I adhered the panel with the sentiment on top of the strip and also a small, narrow strip and the bottom. This keeps the whole mechanism in place. 
  4. I adhered the three remaining panels just below the score lines, applying glue only at the top.
  5. To prepare the card base, I used dark navy blue paper, to folded and measuring 5 x 7 inches. I used the banner stamp from the Let's Party stamp set and stamped with Hero Arts White Unicorn ink.
  6. To finish the card I applied some strong double sided tape to the ends of the horizontal strip and adhered it to the card base. Just make sure that the vertical strip can move freely after you finish attaching the mechanism to your card base.
Products used:

 

I hope you like my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. You can link your entries here.



Mudra stamps are now available at the following retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 
Papercurves, UAE


Love,
Nandini

2 comments: