Saturday, 1 July 2017

Mudra Challenge #11 - Interactive Card/Project

Hiya!!

On this really special weekend, I am here with so many exciting things!! First of all,  In India today  GST (Goods and Service Tax) is going to implemented, as a small business owner, I am so eagerly waiting to understand the concept of GST. Wish & Hope for good things to happen..  Because of the Implementation, there might be a changes in Mudra Product Price, we will be updating soon regarding the same.

We are bidding farewell to Tasneem Ilyas, She is a very cool crafter who makes various DIY and party decors, we all will miss her and her lovely projects here... Let's  all wish a very best for her future endeavours..

And now guess whom we have as a new Creative Team Member & Stamp Design Coordinator!!! A very talented stamper, she makes lovely cards!! The way she explores the possiblities of a stamp and tries different technique is very inspiring!! I am very happy to introduce Nandini Karmarkar

Let’s hear from her..


"Hi! Nandini Karmarkar here with my debut post for Mudra. I am beyond thrilled to be joining this talented team. I have always been a huge fan of Mudra stamps, both in terms of quality of stamps and the beauty of designs. So this is a dream come true for me!

A little bit about myself - I am from Mumbai, married to the most supportive husband ever and mother of two kids. I have always been involved in crafts and trained as a Textile Designer. I love making Clean and Simple cards and I am a total technique junkie!"

And now the lets see about our monthly challenge!! A very interesting and fun challenge for all lovely crafters...

Challenge #11 - Interactive Card/Project



"This month's challenge is Interactive Cards and I decided to make a shaker card as inspiration.


I fell in love with the Simply Florals stamp set the first time I saw it. So it was the natural choice for my very first DT creation.

I took a piece of black paper and  stamped the images from the set randomly with Versamark. I used the Impresso stamping block and was amazed at how light and easy to grip it was. It makes getting a good impression a snap!


I heat embossed the whole thing with some gold embossing powder. I die cut my frame and sentiment panel from the same black paper. The sentiment is also from the same set and I heat embossed it with the same gold embossing powder.


I adhered a piece of acetate to the frame and then mounted the sentiment panel with its mat with thin double sided tape. I cut thin strips of foam tape and stuck it to the frame such that no sequins could escape. I added the gorgeous Gold sequins to the shaker and sealed them in with a piece of translucent paper.


To finish the card, I adhered the heat embossed panel to a piece of black card base cut to 5 x 7 inches. I adhered the shaker panel on top and my card was done.

Here is closer look at the card.


I hope you like my card and are inspired to create something beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations in our gallery.” - Nandini

Supplies Used:
  



"Interactive cards always bewitching. And I have decided to show one of them. This is the pop up card in sea style.




Made the background using Dry inks "Magic Paint” in watercolor paper.
Then heat embossed the images from  "Mermaid” stamp set and sentiments  from "Wishing You” stamp set.
Painted the images using Copic markers.
Background then is pasted to a card base.
On the inside of the card, I have made two cuts in the middle and I have put so that there was a rectangle in a card.
I tinted edges of a card, inked with blue and darkly blue color.
On a rectangle I have pasted preparation of a wave die cut with watercoloring  effect. And on a back part I have pasted the second wave.
I have pasted the painted mermaids on waves.
Thus finishes of the card.

Supplies Used:
 

These two talent creative team members have amazed us with their beautiful interactive cards!!

I cant wait to see what you create!!! Get crafty and WIN MORE NOW!! Yeah!!
We have increased our Challenge winner and top pick prices, for details
Please check the link: http://mudracraftstamps.blogspot.in/p/challenge-guildeline.html


Love,
Varshitha

10 comments:

  1. Congratulation nandini. Your cards are so beautiful. Loved the gold and black combination. The pop up card is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation nandini. Your cards are so beautiful. Loved the gold and black combination. The pop up card is cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nandini g :) Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations Nandini !Lived both of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Nandini! Great to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did nt understand the theme. Interactive?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the inspirations! I especially love the mermaid stamp. And yay! I am the first to link my project :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the fun challenge & wonderful DT inspiration! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Nandini. And thanks for the fun theme.

    ReplyDelete