Monday, 3 July 2017

Guest Designer - Mukta Parvatikar

Hiya!!

Today I am here with Guest Designer, Mukta Parvatikar. She is very humble lady with amazing creativity!! I truly love her scrapbooks and 3D Projects!!

Lets see her post... Get ready to get blown away by the handmade beauties!!!






"Hello everyone
This is Mukta here and I am honored to be doing a GDT post for Mudra Stamps today and I want to thank you Varshistha for this opportunity.....  I am from Mumbai, India. and I have been blogging since the past year. and I have recently started making handmade cards and am really enjoying it. You can see my work on my blog VREnchanted Color, Craft and more... So without wasting more time....I want to show you all 3 cards I made using the newly released stamp sets.

 1. Mermaid slider card.
So this is a really fun card and to be honest...its my first ever slider card I made and it took me one day to make this card but I am sure you guys will do it faster than me. To make this card, I have used Mudra Mermaid stamp set...such a fun set with so many cute fishies.....


So, I started with 2 41/4"by 51/2"white Iris cardstock pieces and I did similar ink blending on them using distress inks Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers. I sprinkled some water on them to give it that splotchy look and then dried it with my heat gun. Then, from one of the panels, I cut the diagonal curve like part from the center. I discarded the center piece and saved the 2 corner pieces.From one of the corner pieces, I cut a thick slit to inset a button from below which would act as my slider. Then, I mounted the corner pieces on to the other panel making sure everything was coordinated using some foam sheets. I doubled it up so that my button could easily move inside it.
I finished the card with a sprinkle of sequins from Harvest mix pack and a little detailing using my White gel pen. I have a small video below to show you how smoothly my mermaid slides on the front almost as if she is swimming.... I hope you like this.

I stamped the image of mermaid and fishes on a piece of Iris cardstock and watercolored them with Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber. Vintage Photo, Stained Walnut and Spiced Marmalade and then fussy cut everything out. I adhered the mermaid on the slider button and fishes to the card front. I directed stamped the sentiment and sea weed to the card front and colored them with distress inks as well. I added clear wink of stella to my mermaid and fishes to give it some shine. You can even add some glossy accents to it.


Supplies Used:



2. Simply Floral Explosion Box card
The second card I made is again a first attempt by me....I have never made an explosion box card and so I took a day to make this one.....but thats just me.

 So to start with this card, I used a Simply Floral stamp set and heat embossed a lot of flowers and buds from this stamp set  with Ranger Super fine white embossing powder. Then, I stamped different leaves in the set using Ranger electric Lime dye ink as I was going to watercolor them and the ink would not bleed.
I watercolored all the flowers and foliage with distress inks Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Shaded Lilac, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron and Moved Lawn.

I then made my explosive card box using Iris cardstock 220gsm which was 3"in width, 8 1/2"in length and the and 4 14"in breadth. I added wood texture pattern paper from Papericious Fairy Land collection and the lace is from my stash.
Here are some close up shots of the flaps.



I have added 3 slots inside the box and the flowers and leaves were groped together and adhered before adding them to the slots using some thick acetate sheet. Some flowers are mounted on the box itself.




I have added Clear Wink of stella to all my flowers to give it a glimmery look and sequins in the center of each flower.
I finished the card with sequins from different packs all from Mudra and 2 sentiments white heat embossed on vellum from 2 different stamp sets...Wishing you and Geometric Nature. That finishes my second card. I have a small clip again for you all and I hope you will like it.



Supplies used:
 
\ 


3. Winter Shaker Card.

My third card is a fairly simple card and was super fun to make. I have made a triple time stamped card with a shaker window in the center and this card is based on the thought of "Christmas in July" For this card, I have used Christmas Decor stamp set and sequins from different packs from Mudra.

I started with a Pearl walnut brown cardstock cut to 41/4"by 4 1/4"in size. I did some gold heat embossing using Tinsel Gold embossing powder from Ranger and some snowflake stamps and deer stamp from the set. I made sure my deer was stamped in the center.

Then, I cut my layout in 3 frames and made the innermost into a shaker window. i filled it up with all the white, clear, silver and gold sequins  I could find in my Mudra Mix packs and added a little clear sparkle power to give it a snowy glittery look.

I finished my card with a sentiment from Wishing you stamp sent and few gold sequins. There is again a small video clip for you all to see this shaker card spreading all the winter magic.



Supplies used

   

  


Thank you for reading my post. I hope you all have a fab week ahead......”

I am sure these projects by Mukta will inspire you to get started for our Challenge #11!! 

Love & Hugs, 
Varshitha



10 comments:

  1. Wow I love that Explosion Box Mukta - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations Mukta! Love the slider mermaid and the explosion box designing is eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow tons of inspiration. All cards are beautiful. Loved the mermaid one background is just perfect. Bleading is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Mukta. The water coloured flowers look so awesome. Loved all the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Mukta. Especially love the explosion box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Mukta ! Hard to believe you made slider card n pop-up box card for first time,they have turned out Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Mukta :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty inspirations, Mukta :) Congrats on your GD spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much all of you....Glad you all could stop by.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete