Monday, 6 February 2017

Mudra CT Debut: Indira Tanwar + January Challenge Winners Announcement




Hello folks! So happy about my debut DT post at Mudra!


Here's a bit about me.... My name is Indira Tanwar and I am from India. I currently reside in The Philippines, with my hubby and a 2.5 year old son!! Being an Army kid I have spent my childhood in various parts of India and travelled across the length and breadth of the country. I worked with an IT firm for 9 years before taking a break from work to take care of our son. I have been crafting since childhood and my biggest source of inspiration has been my mom. I love all forms of arts and crafts and continuously try to learn new things. I am very excited to be a part of the Mudra team and hope to spread love and kindness through my creations.


Today I have 3 or rather 4 cards to share with you all. 

Card 1 - All you need is Love

Behind the scene...


  1. I started off by making a heart shaped mask from a post-it. 
  2. Then I placed the mask in the center of the card and arranged various stamps from the Floral Silhouette stamp set around it.
  3. I used Ranger Archival ink for stamping.
  4. I kept repeating this process by placing more stamps around the mask until the whole heart shape was complete.
  5. Before removing the mask, I drew an outline with Staedtler Metallic Gold marker.
  6. Then I stamped the sentiment in the centre.
  7. To finish off the card I drew two horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the card.
  8. Lastly, added few sequins for bling!  
P.S. The sentiment stamp used in this card is from Varna's Creations (Varshitha's brand before Mudra)


Card 2 - Love





Behind the scene...

  1. For this card also I cut off a heart shape from post-it note.
  2. This time I combined 2 post-its to make a bigger mask, and also here I used the negative space for stamping.
  3. I placed various stamps from the Floral Silhouette stamp set inside the blank area and stamped using VersaMark ink.
  4. Then I heat embossed the stamped area with Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder.
  5. I kept repeating this process by placing more stamps inside, until the whole heart shape was covered.
  6. After this I took Fired Brick and Festive Berries Distress Inks for the emboss resist technique on the pattern.
  7. I fussy cut the heart pattern and glued it on a pre-embossed paper.
  8. Then I matted this piece on a red paper and placed it on a top folding card. 
  9. I stamped a sentiment from the Decorative Alphas stamp set and glued it like a banner across the heart.
  10. Lastly, I added a ribbon bow and sequins to glam up the card!


Card set 3 - Hugs

This card set is pretty much on the lines of the first card, the only difference being that instead of a heart shape I used the circle from the Dream catcher stamp set. I made 2 cards in one go, in different colours and slightly varied design.




Behind the scene...

  1. I started off by stamping and heat embossing the circle from the Dream catcher stamp set.
  2. I stamped the same circle on a post-it and cut out a mask from it.
  3. I used this mask to cover up the circle on the card front.
  4. Then I arranged various stamps from the Floral Silhouette stamp set around it.
  5. I used Ranger Archival inks for stamping.
  6. I kept repeating this process by placing more stamps around the mask until the whole circle shape was covered.
  7. After removing the mask, I stamped the sentiments in the center of both the cards.
  8. I mounted the card panels onto a top folding card base.
  9. To finish off the cards I randomly added few sequins onto them and also outlined the matting with Staedtler Metallic Gold marker.

Stamp used:

    


 I hope I was able to inspire you to create some Love-themed projects!!

Now the much awaited results for Challenge #is here. We had some really lovely entries this time too and it was a very close tie between all, but after the final votes from the DT members. 
Here are the results.

Our Top Picks are :







Congratulations Piyu and Radhika! Both your cards were really awesome and you both have won a 3x2 stamp set worth of Rs.120/- (of your choice) and Top Pick badge.



And the Winner is :



We totally loved your creation, Nazneen! 

Congratulations Nazneen! You have won a 6x4 stamp set worth of Rs.550/- of your choice and a Guest Design opportunity at our blog and Winner badge. Wohoo!!

Winners, please write a mail to mudracraftstamps@gmail.com to claim your prize and badges.

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by. 

Don't forget to enter your projects for our current challenge.

Stay tuned, we have fabulous news , release & announcements lined up!

Hope to see you all participating in Mudra's Challenge #6 - LOVE.



Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

Have a great day!!
Indira

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards :) thanks for the detailed picture tutorial, very useful.
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!Thank you so much for selecting my card as the Winner Entry! Woo Hoo! Made my day :)
    Congratulations to Piyu and Radhika!
    Gorgeous Cards Indira! Loved all of them, and thank you for the tutorial and for the inspiration! -- Nazneen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your win Nazneen!! Glad you liked my cards!!

      Delete
  3. Exceptionally beautiful work.. I am sure the person who receives these would cherish them throughout. (I know I would :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works And I loved your BTS :) Congratulations to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Congratulations to all winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! And congrats winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you have done masking....Beautiful cards, Indira!!
    Congrats winner and toppers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the masking Indira....
    congrats to all winners

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fine masking! Totally in love with all the cards you made Indu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations piyu, radhika and nazneen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Indira!! Each one is gorgeous, thanks for the tutorial! :-)
    Huge congrats to all the winners!! :-)

    ReplyDelete