Its Varshitha here, with our December Guest Designer, Indira Tanwar from Arty Sorts. She amazed us with her previous guest post showing various possibilities with Gerberas Blooms, now cant wait to show you her next set of creations using Mudra stamps.
Let's see her creations :)
"Card no. 1 - Peacock Card
- I took a white CS and started by stamping the peacock image with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to get a raised effect.
- I did the same for the peacock’s body and fussy cut it so that I could pop it up with foam tape later on.
- At the same time I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment too.
- Then I distressed the background using Distress inks.
- Once that was done, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens to highlight the peacock feathers and the body.
- I also added dots and highlights using a golden gel pen.
- I divided this CS piece into squares and cut it down using Xacto knife and a ruler.
- I made sure to number the pieces at the back side so that I could line them up easily after flipping them over.
- I took a black CS slightly bigger than the white CS in step 1, and popped up the square pieces of CS on it using foam dots.
- The whole piece came together as a jigsaw puzzle and gave a tiled appearance to the card.
- The last step was to adhere this piece on a green card base and glue the sentiment on top.
Card no. 2 - Peacock Stamp set elements Card
The idea for this card was to stamp various smaller elements from the peacock stamp set behind the strip of sentiment. This card follows the sketch for the current Mudra challenge #4, just flipped the orientation.
- I begun by masking the area where the sentiment would be.
- Then I randomly stamped above and below the line to cover up the entire width of the CS.
- After this I heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of white CS.
- I used two green and blue colored thin strips left over from Card no.1 and added it behind the white sentiment strip.
- This helped pop up the colors that were used for stamping the images.
- I also highlighted the sentiment strip by drawing a line above and below it with a golden gel pen.
- For the matting, I took a self striped white CS and colored it using distress ink to tie in with the colors on the card.
- Assembled the pieces together and finished off by adding few sequins.
Card no. 3 - Sending you some sunshine
I am glad this card came up as I had envisioned..... a rising sun with a backdrop of flowers.
- I started off by cutting a semi circle from white CS and then stamping and heat embossing the sentiment on it.
- After that I took a watercolor CS and placed the semi circle on it to get the placement for stamping the flowers.
- Before stamping the flowers, I smooshed various shades of yellow distress inks to get a watercolored background.
- Then I stamped the flowers with Memento Black ink and allowed it to dry a bit.
- Splattered a few drops of black and gold water droplets here and there for added effect.
- Matted the colored front on two black triangle pieces of CS and adhered the entire piece on a white card base.
- I finished off the card with black and gold sequins.
Card no. 4 - Tri-Fold Birthday Card
This is a tri fold card with each panel measuring around 2.5 inches wide.
- I stamped loads of flowers and leaves from the Linen Blooms stamp set to create two big floral bunches for this card.
- Fussy cut all of the flowers and leaves.
- Stamped the Birthday sentiments on a die cut piece and also on the middle panel of the tri fold card.
- I glued the stamped die cut piece, offsetting it on the first and second panels of the tri fold.
- Thereafter, I started arranging the flowers and leaves to form a bouquet around the die cut. Some elements were stuck using glue and some were popped up with foam dots.
- Once I was happy with the look of the bouquet, I cut off the excess top part of the first panel of the tri fold.
- Then I made the second floral bunch on the third panel of the tri fold.
- I cut off the excess card stock from the middle and third panels too, outlining the bouquet. "
Did you see that trifold boquet card! Truly Georgeus. She really stuns us with her special fold card.. I totally love the way she included stamping in her tri-fold card!!
If you missed her previous post, check it out here.
Stay Tuned for some excited news!!