Friday, 9 December 2016

Easy Holiday Cards + Tutorial !

Hello, This is Ujjwal and today I am sharing some simple and elegant cards to send out to your loved ones. I also have a tutorial using stencils at the end of the post.

Card 1 : For the first card, I heat embossed the leaves and the sentiment using Zing Embossing Powder on black cardstock and mounted the panel on a green card base. I, then, embellished the card with some red pearls to give the look of berries. By using Christmas colors of red and green, I was able to use non-holiday stamp and create a holiday card.


I used the following two stamps for this card




Card 2 : The second card is inspired by the current Mudra Sketch Challenge. I first heat embossed the sentiment with Zing Embossing Powder. Then using a scrap piece of paper, I masked the sentiment and heat embossed the flowers on either side. I then used distress inks to watercolors the panel. Once it was dry, I mounted it onto yellow cardstock.

I used the following two stamps for this card

 


Don't forget to enter your projects for Mudra Challenge #4: Sketch Challenge


Card 3 : For this card, I just used stencils and distress inks. I have a step by step tutorial on how I made it so follow along.


Tutorial


Step 1: Using a metal ruler and paper knife, cut some triangle shapes on a scrap piece of paper. You can also use a paper trimmer for this step if you'd like. This will be your temporary stencil.


Step 2: Make a sandwich by layering your card stock, triangle stencil and Mudra Geo Pattern Stencil. Cardstock will be at the bottom and pattern stencil at the top. Adhere everything securely to the work surface with low tack tape.


Step 3: Using sponge dauber and distress inks, start applying ink through the stencil. I used shades of green here - Crushed olive, Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn. 


Step 4: Remove both the stencils and you will see this pattern emerge on the cardstock. It is beginning to look like a Christmas trees.


Step 5: Cut two small rectangles from the scrap sheet of paper. This will be our template for tree trunks. Add trunks to the tree by applying Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink through the rectangle stencil we created.


Step 6: Embellish the tree as you like. I just added some red pearls to the top of the trees. Stamp the sentiment and mount the panel on a white card base.


I used the following stamp and stencil for this card



I hope you enjoyed today's project. If you liked the stamps and stencil, you can buy them from the following stores:

Have a happy day!
Ujjwal

9 comments:

  1. fabulous cards. Love the stencilled Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such festive and creative cards...Loved them all...
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Ujjwal.. I loved the stencilled one the most..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stencilled one is my favorite too :) Thank you!

      Delete