Monday, 5 December 2016

Christmas Cards Inspiration + Challenge #3 Winners

Hi, crafty friends!
This is Hussena today on the blog sharing with you some cards I made using the Christmas stamps from Mudra. I don't make Christmas cards that often, so this was a bit intimidating for me, but using the Mudra stamps I found it quite easy to put these cards together. This is going to be a long post, so please bear with me :) I have three cards to share plus don't forget to scroll down for the Challenge #3 Winners. Let's get started!


Card 1 - Santa & Friends



How to :

  • Take a A2 sized white card panel and do some Distress ink blending using shades of blue to do the night sky.
  • Then using a stencil and white embossing paste create the falling snow. (Optional - you can add some white glitter to the paste when it's wet to give it some extra shimmer).
  • Die-cut/hand-cut the snowy hills and add some glitter to the edge using Glossy Accents or any adhesive of your choice. (Make sure it dries clear). This gives a beautiful snow-like effect and adds more dimension to your project.
  • Stamp and colour your images from the Santa & Friends set on watercolour paper using any colouring medium of your choice. I have used Faber Castell watercolour pencils.
  • Fussy-cut your images and add them on some foam dots.
  • Add your sentiment on the base of the card. I have used sentiments from two different sets- Christmas Sentiments & Santa & Friends by masking & stamping them.
  • Finally I die-cut the stenciled background using a scalloped rectangle frame and added it to my card base.


Card 2 - Simple Watercolour card



This was a fairly simple card to make, here's a quick how-to  :
  • I took a piece of A2 watercolor cardstock and die-cut a frame from it.
  • I then spritzed the paper using some water and added two red colour washes of Distress inks & dried it with my Heat Tool.
  • Once the panel was completely dry, I stamped the central image from the Christmas Sentiments set using Versamark embossing ink and embossed it using the Gold Tinsel embossing powder from Ranger.
  • Then, I die-cut a inverse scalloped frame using plain white cardstock, completely covered it with Versamark Embossing ink & embossed it using the same Gold Tinsel embossing powder.
  • I foam-mounted this frame & placed it over the watercolored panel.
  • I then took a folded A2 card base & did some stenciling on the outer edges using the Geo Pattern stencil & Twisted Citron Distress ink, and again foam mounted the entire panel on to it.
  • I added few sparkly sequins and stars to finish off my card.


Card 3 - Celebrate
My final card is based on this time's challenge Sketch. Check out all the details HERE.



  • To begin with, I took a plain white paper & die-cut a circle from it to create a mask.
  • I placed the negative of the white die-cut piece on my card panel & using the Geo Pattern stencil and - Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber & Ripe Persimmon Distress inks, I created a circular design on the card panel.
  • Then I die-cut a long banner and stamped the sentiment from the Purely Sentiments- Brushed set & foam mounted it on the stenciled background.
  • Next, I stamped & fussy-cut the flowers & leaves from the Daisy Blooms & Botanical Blooms sets & foam mounted them around the stamped sentiment creating a floral cluster.
  • Finally added enamel dots to finish off my card.

That's it from my side. I hope you like my cards. Do leave me your comments/suggestions below. I would love to hear from you :)


Products used :

Santa and Friends

Christmas Sentiments

Geo Pattern

Botanical Blooms

Dasiy Blooms

Purely Sentiments - Brushed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now on to the much awaited results for Challenge #3. We had some really lovely entries this time too and it was a very close tie between all, but after the final votes from the DT members, here are the results.

Our Top Picks are :







Congratulations Gauri & Sabiha! Both your cards were really awesome and you both have won a 3x2 stamp set worth of Rs.120/- (of your choice) and Top Pick badge.


And the Winner is :

We totally loved your creation, Ria! The way you have used the Christmas Decor set is just fabulous.

Congratulations Ria! You have won a 6x4 stamp set worth of Rs.550/- of your choice and a Guest Design opportunity at our blog and Winner badge. Wohoo!!

Winners, please write a mail to mudracraftstamps@gmail.com to claim your prize and badges.

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by. Don't forget to enter your projects for Mudra Challenge #4 : Sketch Challenge

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can shop for Mudra Stamps from the following stores :


Have a nice day everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Hussena as always!!
    Congrats to Winner and Top picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards Hussena! loved them all. xx Congrats to winners of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... Thank u so... Much.I am glad to make it to the top pick. Hussana ur cards r pretty n inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Hussena,my fav is the first one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone..thank you. Really excited!! Congratulations to all.
    Beautiful cards Hussena ji:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful Hussena, Santa card is too cute and Love the snow falling, neat embossing on the frame on the second and I love the flowers against the neat background!

    ReplyDelete