Monday, 19 September 2016

Stamp Focus - September Release

Hello, friends!
This is Hussena from Quill & Punch Works and I am here to share some inspiration using our newest stamps from the September Release. I have four cards to share today, so let's get started. First up, is a very favourite set of mine called Gerbera Blooms. This is a three-step layered stamp & the results are everytime wow! Here's a look at what I have created :



Close-up of the Gerberas :



Here's how I created it :

  • To begin, I took a gray woodgrain textured cardstock and cut it at an angle, then I dry-embossed a white piece of cardstock using a 3D embossing folder & glued both the panels on a white card front.
  • I stamped the Gerbera Blooms using Versafine Onyx Black ink and two shades of yellow inks & fussy-cut it and popped it on foam dots. Did the same for the leaves.
  • I also stamped & watercolored some leaves & buds from the Hummingbirds set and fussy-cut it and added it as a foliage against the Gerbera.
  • Added a sentiment from the Sentiment Essentials and some enamel dots to finish off my card.


My next card is made using the most cutest stamp set called Playful Bunnies designed by the very talented Ruchi :D  This set has some of the most adorable images to create a scene and that's what I did on my card.



A close-up of the bunnies :

To create this card :
  • I first die-cut a small panel around 3 by 4 inches in size using the faux stitched die, then die-cut the circles using another die by PPP. 
  • I stamped the bunnies using Versafine Onyx Black ink on some Neenah Solar White cardstock & coloured it using Distress inks.
  • I fussy-cut the bunnies and popped them using foam dots in the die-cut circle frame I had cut earlier, and arranged them so that they would peek out of the circular windows.
  • I die-cut the grass border & colored it using Distress inks, then I stamped some flowers & leaves from the same set, colored again using Distress inks & fussy-cut them before placing it on the grass.
  • I stamped the sentiment on a piece of cardstock & placed it one of the windows along with some hearts which are also from this set.
  • I layered this panel onto another die-cut panel was distressed using inks from PTI.
  • Finally added the layered panels on the card base.
  • To add some shine to the card, I've added Ranger Stickles on the grass border & around the sentiment banner.


Moving on to my third card..I have used the Brushed Alphas and the Gerbera Blooms to create this card.



To create this card :

  • I first took a 4 1/4 inch by 5 1/2 inch card panel & stamped the word 'happy day' all over the card front using a Stamp Positioning tool and the Brushed Alphas set. This background took some time to create as each alphabet had to be stamped individually  since this font is in cursive, but as you can see the end result is quite striking.
  • Once I had stamped the background, I die-cut a semi-circle from the side of the card front using a circle die.
  • Then I stamped the Gerberas & leaves using various colours of inks, and fussy-cut them & arranged it on the card panel.
  • This card panel was foam mounted on to a plain white cardstock and the semi-circle space that was left after die-cutting has been distressed using Tumbled Glass Distress ink to add a bit of colour.
  • I've added some flowers & foliage from a previously released set called Botanical Blooms.
  • Finally added some sequins to finish off my card.


And my final card made using the Beautiful Butterflies set. This set has two gorgeous butterflies & some really nice sentiments.




To create this card :

  • I first die-cut a card panel using an A2 sized die. I have die-cut this panel using Canson Watercolour paper.
  • I have distressed the entire panel using three different shades of Distress inks in shades of yellow.
  • Added some white splatters using Picket Fence Distress Stain Spray, pink splatters using Picked Raspberry Distress ink and some golden splatters using Inka Gold. 
  •  I then added some texture using a stencil and Texture paste and sprinkled some Ranger Dry Glitter while the paste was wet to add some really amazing shine to it.
  • I die-cut a frame using black cardstock and clear embossed it thrice to give it a glossy effect using Clear embossing powder and Versamark ink.
  • I stamped the butterfly using Versamark embossing ink and embossed it using Gold Glitter Embossing powder from Ranger and heat set it.
  • I colored the butterfly using Picked Raspberry Distress ink.
  • I then stamped the "Birthday" sentiment from the same set and added the "Wishes" part from another stamp from our previous release - Sentiment Essentials.
  • I then colored the sentiment banner using Picked Raspberry Distress ink and foam mounted it.
  • Finally added two black enamel dots on the sides of the sentiment banner to finish off my card.


Stamps used :



Gerbera Blooms


Playful Bunnies

Beautiful Butterflies

Brushed Alphas

Hummingbirds

Sentiment Essentials

Botanical Blooms

Mudra Stamps are available at these shops :

Hope you like my cards..Do leave me your comments/suggestions regarding it. I would love to hear from you! :)

Have a nice day everyone!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful cards Hussena!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makes Hussena, I absolutely love the first one, it is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uber Gorgeous cards as always, Hussena...I love the floral sprays u make <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creations Hussena,love them all in your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful creations and you just bring out the best !!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous set of cards dear Hussena! The first one is my absolute favorite! :) <3 Also loving the interesting color combos that you picked! Thank you for sharing! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards hussena. pretty stamps varshita. cute bunny stamps designed by ruchi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply Gorgeous..love all of them and yellow one with butterfly is simply fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Hussena! Love how beautifully you have used all the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very beautiful these stamped cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Hussena,loved the floral arrangement on the first one and the colors in the last one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful & gorgeous cards dear :) love your creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome crafty work Hussena! Flower cards are gorgeous and card with my bunnies is super cute๐Ÿ˜Love them totally. I always admire your creativity and you always surprise me with the beauty of your work. Hats off! Bunnies are saying thank you! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely delightful creations Hussena!! I loved how you combined various stamp sets to create the floral cards. And the Bunny card is very very cute!! Lovely coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my you have done such a wonderful job with this release. Your flowers as always are just amazing, gorgeous coloring and lovely design of the cards. The little bunnies are just the cutest ever and love how they are peeking out too!

    ReplyDelete