Saturday, 10 September 2016

Creating Storytelling Cards!

Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens and welcome back. Today I would like to talk a little about how to create small Story telling Cards with stamps! I think there should be and will be a story behind every single card! I usually create mine and execute the stories through cards! And today I will be using the brand new stamp set called Playful Bunnies designed by Ruchi.


Here is the story... The little bunny found a few carrots and he was so happy. He wants to eat all of them and doesn't want to share it with his friends. So he sat down near the bushes thinking that no one is watching him and started to eat quietly. But he didn't notice that his friends were watching him from behind. :)

This card represents the significance of friendship. A card with this type of stories take you back to your precious memories. We, as kids, did the same, right? I still do it. Sometimes I eat without giving it to my husband or for my nieces and nephews! :D


I began by stamping the images several times on a regular white card stock with Archival Jet Black Ink which is a water proofed ink (any cardstock would work fine with Mudra Stamps) but I'm not going to use all the images, if I mess up with one image I can go to another! I water-colored the images with water based markers. I'm not too concerned about coloring! I just do it the way I want. So don't stress out yourself if you don't get perfect coloring, sometimes imperfections will take a stand! ;)


Next I fussy cut all the images with a pair of scissors leaving a little white border around them. Leaving a little border will create so much dimension to your images.


Next I adhered all the images on a Kraft Card Stock with Tombow glue and stamped the sentiment with Archival Jet Black Ink. I also gave a little details like the border with Gold Pigment Pen, tiny black dots with a black permanent marker and added a few sequins.


Finally I have applied a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen for all the images.


I hope you liked my card and got inspired to create your own story telling cards. Thank you so much for stopping by. I will be back again with another story telling card along with a video. Until then, Happy Paper Crafting! :)


8 comments:

  1. such a cute card Deepti, love the peeping friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I loved the little story and you cute card a lot deepti !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card & story πŸ˜πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute card and the little story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute n I liked the story. Thank you so much for giving my designed bunnies life😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and what a cute story! Waiting for more stories :)

    ReplyDelete