Tuesday, 5 July 2016

New Mudra Creative Team Member - Deepti Stephens

Hi all!!

I am so excited to tell you that our team is growing with more talents in. Today, I am happy to introduce, Deepti Stephens of Catchy Designs, She is an avid crafter and Youtuber, makes card  and DIY videos. Her cards are simple yet stylish.
She will be in Mudra’s Video Crew, to inspire you all with her simple videos with awesome stamping techniques!! Let's together welcome her...




Over to Deepti...

"Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens from Catchy Design and today is my very first post for Mudra. I'm so happy to be part of this wonderful creative team!! Thank you so much Varshitha for giving me this beautiful opportunity!


Making cards is very simple if you have a proper plan! But I tell you don't stress yourself for planning! Sometimes you need to go with the flow! But anyhow, I'd like to share a few tips about simple card making!
  1. You need to choose the stamp set that you are going to use
  2. You need to draw a sketch or layout
  3. You need to choose the colors. You can find lots of color palates on Pinterest
  4. Choose any technique
  5. Just GO and Enjoy!

Today I'm going to share how I made this card using Wild Florals and Purely Sentiments - Brushed and some Markers. I have chosen this bright color palate from Pinterest which I never used before. So I just wanted to give it a try! This card is very cool in real life! :)


By the way, the technique I used in this card was Masking. Masking Technique is very simple and it adds so much depth and dimension to your card. It creates an illusion that one image is standing behind the other! This is such a great technique that everyone should try!

CARD DETAILS
  • I took a standard sized White card stock and another heavy white card stock
  • On to the heavy white card stock I stamped, masked off the flowers with post it notes and stamped again with Archival Jet Black Ink
  • Then I colored the flowers with Fuchsia, Red and Yellow markers. I didn't do any shading or blending at all, just colored the images like a child!
  • Since these colors are water based, I flicked some water, they react with water and creates some splotchyness and texture to the flowers.
  • These flowers already look whimsical!! To bring more whimsy I added tiny splatters of white paint on to the flowers.
  • Now, I fussy cut the whole image leaving a little bit of white border all around the flowers and adhere it on to the card base with some foam tape.
  • Before adhering I stamped the sentiment with Archival Jet Black Ink
  • And for the final touch I added glitter and sequins

And that's it! I have also made another card with the same technique but I did a little water coloring with markers. This card is more pastel!


For this card, I used light pink and peachy color markers to water-color the images. I like how these colors blended together!


Instead of white splatters of ink I added black. I think this black ink brought life to the flowers! :)


Finally stamped the sentiment and decorated it with a few sequins. Do let me know which card you like - the bright one or the pastel one? I liked both of them :)

VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a video for you where I shared a step by step procedure of this card and also shared the tips and techniques along the way. 



If you like the video, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and also don't forget to subscribe to the channel for more inspiration.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Take care and I will see you soon <3”

I totally enjoyed Deepti’s Video, the flow of the video is so good to follow up easily.  Do  try out this awesome “Wild Florals “ Stamp set!!

You can buy Mudra Stamps in following stores:

love, 
Varshitha


18 comments:

  1. I always love your CAS style! And these are just gorgeous!!! Love them Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you designing at Mudra Deepti! :) LOVE your cards! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Deepti!! Finally we have video tutorial in our Blog posts Yayy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you here!! Love the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright & beautiful cards Deepti :) :) pastel shades go well with those florals <3 and that was an awesome video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Deepti!! Thanks for the video as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cards! Fussy cutting is too good. Now my design is getting shape in so many ways on cards. Thanks a lot Deepti ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Deepti ! You create a unique mix of CAS n Cute cards and very happy to see you as part of Team Mudra ! Eagerto see more of your creations using Mudra stamps ! Loved both the card ,so clean design n catchy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards... congrats dear..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple Clean Striking designs as always Deepu. Great to have you here at Mudra๐Ÿ˜Š☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple Clean Striking designs as always Deepu. Great to have you here at Mudra๐Ÿ˜Š☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Deepti.. So glad to c u here !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Deepti!!! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Deepti!! Beautiful cards!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good to work with you!!! Cards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards deepthi,i love the soft colors more

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty cards, Deepti. Thank you so much for sharing your creative process video :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much everyone for your sweet and encouraging comments <3

    ReplyDelete