Monday, 7 August 2017

Capture Moments | Spotlight Technique | Video


Hello my dear crafty friends! How are you doing? This is Deepti here and today I have three cards focused mainly on Spotlight Technique, our ongoing challenge :)


Click HERE for our current challenge


What is Spotlight Technique?

A portion of a stamped image is highlighted just the way the spotlight on a stage show highlights a specific character or performer.


I stamped the hot air balloon and clouds from Hotair Balloons stamp set and the sentiment from Capture stamp set in Versafine Sepia Ink which is brown in color. Next I masked the edges of the image with Stamping Mask Sheet by cutting them into strips.


Then I water colored the inside portion with Koi Water Colors, by the way the paper I used wasn't a water color paper, it's just a regular heavy white card stock. Once the panel was dry I went ahead and glued it over the main card base.


I've also made a video, if you are interested in watching how I made this card you can watch the video here or at Mudra's YouTube Channel.



For this one, I stamped all the images just like the previous card. But I placed the Circular Framelit die on Stamping Mask Sheet and ran it through the die-cutting machine resulting in a circular mask. I placed the circular mask over the cute images and ink blended the background with Black Soot Distress Ink.


Next I removed the mask and water colored the images and adhered the panel over the card base and embellished it with clear sequins.


For this card, I placed Map Stencil over the main card base, yes it's a one layer card, and applied Black Soot Distress Ink through the stencil. Next I die-cut a circle out of the same colored card stock, placed the stencil over it, selected a portion/country and applied Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink through the stencil with blending foam.


I placed and foam mounted the circular die-cut positioning exactly over the previously stenciled area. I chose India here but you can choose any country you like :) Then stamped the sentiment from Giraffe Mini in Archival Jet Black Ink and finally adhered a tiny heart from my stash. 

I hope you like the cards and thank you so much for visiting. :)


  

Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Papercurves, UAE

6 comments:

  1. Love them Deepti! Great ideas for the spotlight technique and should inspire lots of great entries. Can't wait for my new release to arrive - looking forward to playing with these gorgeous products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome !! Fantastic cards with spotlight technique Deepti ,second one is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Deepti!! Good use of the masking sheets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, your spotlight technique ideas are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete