Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Triple Time Stamping using only one cardstock panel & some additional creations

Hi Everyone,

Mirella here - it's been a while since my last post, have you missed me? :o) 

Today, I am going to share with you a quick tutorial on how you can achieve the Triple Time Stamping technique, with using only one panel of cardstock (instead of the usual three). I will also show you some additional cards I have recently made, using the gorgeous stencils by Mudra. I might not be a stencil girl on a regular basis, but these stencils are just so gorgeous that it's hard not to use them!

Let's get started!

CARD 1 - Triple Time Stamping with a twist - photo tutorial

You might have already noticed in some of the recent Mudra posts by the other designers, or maybe it'll be a surprise for you, if - like me - you're not very familiar with this technique, but you actually CAN achieve the triple time stamping effect with using only one cardstock panel, instead of the usual three. This not only makes the process much faster, but it also saves you a bit of cardstock and money - so it's most definitely a win-win. In the following tutorial, I will show you how to use dies for this technique, but if you don't have any that you feel would work - you can also use your trimmer or even a craft knife --> this will for sure take a little bit more time than using the dies (plus, the dies make it really easy if you want to mass-produce your design), but it is possible. 

1. Prepare your panel. In my case, I took a standard sized panel of purple cardstock, and heat embossed the gorgeous leaves with gold detail embossing powder. I made sure to stamp big enough images, so that they would cover all 3 of the layers of my final design.


2. Like mentioned above, I decided to use dies for this techniques, as it was the easiest and fastest for me. All you need is 3 dies in the same shape that stack one inside the other. To make sure that everything was perfectly aligned during die cutting, I used some washi tapes to keep the dies exactly how I wanted them. 






3. This is the result after die cutting (I also had a little "frame" that was a left over from the outside, but I didn't need that piece for my card):


4. All that was left to do was to mat 2 of the smallest pieces and adhere all the panels together on a card base - in my case, I decided to go for vellum instead of cardstock for the mat. Note: I used 2 full rectangular pieces of vellum that I cut with my trimmer for the mats, since I didn't have rectangular dies that were slightly bigger than my cardstock pieces, but if you have stackable dies with a lot of different sizes in the set, you could cut the mats in the exact same way as we cut the cardstock, out of only one panel. 

And here's the finished card. Since it was already quite busy with the matting, gold heat embossing and the stitching detail from the die, I opted for stamping the sentiment with only Versamark Ink - it's great for stamping on coloured cardstock!





CARD 2 - Mermaid and stencil






1. I used Distress Inks for the background ombre panel (from the bottom: Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers & Cracked Pistachio), and - once I was finished with the blending - I used the Retro Curves stencil & a wet baby wipe to create the sea-like effect (I wanted the pattern to be a bit uneven and blotchy, to achieve a more realistic look, hence I used a really wet wipe). I then die cut the panel, for some additional interest around the edges.
2. I coloured and fussy cut the mermaid. I added a few details with a silver gel pen to the mermaid's tail and seashell bra. 
3. I adhered the mermaid to the panel & stamped the sentiment. I then lightly sprayed the panel with some shimmer spray - it truly looks like a shimmery sea in person!
4. I used a green card base to mat the panel. 


CARD 3 - Stencilled roses for an elegant thank you card 



1. I created the panel using Distress Inks and the amazing Floral Abstract stencil. I first sponged on the darker colours through the stencil, and then gently blended on some lighter colours around them, to get rid of the white spaces the stencil created. 
2. I sprayed the whole panel with a very shimmery glitter spray - you can see some of the shimmer in the second photo. 
3. I used a thin frame of gold mirror cardstock (that I created using dies) to add some additional interest and elegance to the panel.
4. Finally, I stamped the "Thank you" sentiment and adhered the panel to a card base (Note: this could just as well be a one layer card, but I wasn't sure where I was going with the design when I started working on it, so just in case I started working on a single panel rather than a card base). 
5. I must say, I could create tens of cards with this stencil, and I wouldn't get bored with its beauty!

Mudra products used on the above cards:

 



That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed seeing my creations, and I hope my little tutorial will encourage you to try out triple time stamping/stencilling (if, like me, you felt a bit intimidated by having to use so many different panels). If you give this technique a go, do remember that you can enter it into our current challenge - we'd love to see your creations!


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 
Papercurves, UAE

Have a great day,

Mirella

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing the clear steps Mirella! Love the cute mermaid and the rose stenciling work is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards. Loved your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I hope it was clear enough!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card thank you for sharing new technique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, hope you try it yourself - it looks intimidating at the start but it's actually a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous mermaid.. I loved the colours you used Mirella! Beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Mirella!! Love the layering with vellum...

    ReplyDelete