Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Simply Florals

Hello everyone! Indira here today with few floral cards. I love floral stamps and Mudra has an awesome collection of floral stamps. I had so many ideas so I took out all my favorite stamps and tried different techniques with them.


Card set 1 - Vellum Overlay Cards

1. I started out by colouring my textured white card base with Distress inks [Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey & Ripe Persimmon]
2. Once dry, I dropped few splatters of water on the distressed card bases.
3. Then I took vellum, cut as the same size of the card front.
4. For two cards, I scored half inch from the top so that it could be folded over the card base.
5. For the third card, I again scored it half an inch from the top, and cut the lower part at an angle.
6. Then I stamped the designs using Gerbera blooms and Wild Florals stamp sets, using VersaMark inks.
7. Added Ranger Gold embossing powder and heat embossed it.
8. Stamped and heat embossed the sentiments on strips of black card stock.
9. Adhered the vellum panels with strong double sided adhesive to the back of the card base.
10. Popped up the sentiments on the cards.
11. Finished off the cards by adding few sequins randomly.






Card no. 2 - So Very Grateful | One layer card with masking

This is a simple one layer card with masking. I took a super glossy card stock for stamping and the results were great! The card turns out to be so bright as the ink sits on top of the paper. It has a sort of watercolored look as the inks don't stamp evenly at all places. The ink stays wet for a longer time, so you can also take a dry brush and move the colors around. You need to be careful while stamping though, so that it doesn't turn out splotchy. I wouldn't recommend double stamping also, as the inks can move around and spoil the fine lines.


1. I started with a 4x6 inch top folding card base.
2. Stamped the flowers using various shades of Altenew inks [Cool Summer Nights Mini cube set].
3. I made sure to dry each flower and leaf with the heat tool before masking and stamping the one next to it.
4. Stamped the sentiment using the second darkest ink from the ink set.
5. Finished off the card by adding few sequins.






Card no. 3 - Special Birthday | One layer card with masking

This card is also made using the same glossy card base as Card no. 2 and with lots of masking. It looks really bright and colorful. Also since it is a single layer card it takes much less time to make.

1. I started with a 4x6 inch top folding card base.
2. Stamped the flowers using various shades of Altenew inks [Red Cosmos & Cool Summer Nights Mini cube sets].
3. I made sure to dry each flower and leaf with the heat tool before masking and stamping the one next to it.
4. Stamped the sentiment using the darkest ink from the ink set.
5. Finished off the card by adding few sequins.




This is how I store my masks at the back of the stamp sets. I cut out several of them at once on an all-sticky post it note.




Card no. 4 - Faux Watercolored Card

This is a wonderful way to create a faux watercolored look on the cards.

1. I took a 3x4 inch piece of heavy watercolored CS.
2. For the flowers, I used the third layer of the Botanical Blooms layering stamp set.
3. And for the leaves I mixed and matched between the second and third layers of stamps.
4. I used various shades of Distress inks for stamping as they stay wet longer.
5. After stamping each element, move the color around with a wet brush.
6. You can pull the colors in various directions to create your own unique looking flower/leaf.
7. Added the sentiment on top of the foliage.
8. Then I dipped the edges of this piece in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it in gold.
9. For matting, I created my own matching  panel using distress inks.
10. Mounted the panels on a white card base.
11. In the end, I glued few sequins for an added interest.



I hope you like my today's creations. I loved playing with various stamp sets and trying out various fun techniques with them. 


Stamps Used

                              
 



Also don't forget to participate in our current challenge where the theme is LOVE


Mudra Craft Stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 


Have a great day!

25 comments:

  1. Oh my Indira! These are sooooo stunning! The second card with the blue flowers and that amazing sentiment that I MUST get my hands on is my absolute favourite. Pinned so I can "copy" it - thanks for the fabulous inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! That's so flattering!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards. A different unique style in each one, love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful but cards Indira !! You have made the Floral stamps shine on your cards..that too with variety !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards dear :) so colorful and vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collection of floral cards, I love them! The 3rd card truly made me gasp! And the Grateful sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww!! Love all the cards!! And the last 2 are just stunning!! Thank you for this gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stamping and lovely set of cards, Indira!! My most favorite is the third card, great bright colors and lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful floral cards...So fresh and bright!! Love it, Indira :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the cards are gorgeous Indira..! Lovely creations and very different from each other. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just gorgeous Indira :) Loved the blue one. So elegant n fresh.. Beautiful set of cards...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Indira!! total riot of florals everywhere!

    ReplyDelete