Thursday, 9 February 2017

Mudra CT Debut: Ria Banerjee

Hello All,

Ria on this side!

A happy new day to everyone. This is my debut post for Mudra and I am equally excited as other New CTs. I am honoured to be a part of this wonderful group, Before jumping on to my projects, a lil' about me, for those I am totally a new name to them.

I am Ria Banerjee from Kolkata, India. I am 25 years old, a teacher by profession, student and also gearing up for the research field. Painting is my hobby from which I got into card making. I love clean and simple designs, which have caught my attention right from the time when I thought of card making. 

Now to my projects: A lot of pictures gonna come, stay tuned till the end!!!

The current challenge for the month is "LOVE", so today's post is an inspiration for the same.


Project 1:






  • I took a watercolor paper and randomly dropped colors from fuji or transparent water color papers. Take the color in the brush and let the drop of color touch the wet paper and act on its own. I did with three colors, blue, green and yellow. Let it dry on its own, I avoid using heating tool.
  • I stamped images from Beautiful Butterflies with Black ink.
  • I stamped the sentiment using Brushed Alphas
  • I adhered the cardstock on a glitter sheet, and thats it!

This is the final picture.

Project 2:


  • I took a water color paper piece and inked them with shades of red from Distress inks, after masking with a heart die cut.
  • You need not to blend it nicely as the water droplets and the mist will cover up the flaws.
  • To give a bokeh effect, I stamped some hearts of different sizes from Hearts Background Builder with white pigment ink, keeping in mind that the whites should not be prominent.
  • Stamped the sentiment from the Love set.
Take a final look:


Project 3:


  • I stamped some random images, not maintaining any regularity, just keeping in a circular fashion, from Linen Blooms and Daisy Blooms, but only the outlines.
  • I took some water colors and colored them, it can be done with distress inks also.
  • The center is a cut out with a die and I used the sentiment to stamp on the same die cut. The sentiments are from Love set. 
  • The colored panel only is stuck with a mounted tape to give a 3D effect.


Project 4:


  • I have used the Hearts Background Builder to make the background, then embossed it with white.
  • I have blended some inks on it. 
  • I coupled it with some heart die cuts, pattern paper on the back and the sentiment from the Love set on the vellum.

Project 5:


  • Again some water color actions. After it got dried, I stamped the Leaves from Leafy with red dye inks. 
  • The sentiment is stamped with black from Love set.

Project 6:

I am a bookmark lover and cant exclude this from my post!
  • I have stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Love set.
  • I have used the Mudra Stencil to ink tone on tone. 
  • The sentiment below is from the Bookmark Set.


Do not forget to participate in our current monthly challenge: Love



Stamps Used:

   




That is a long post for today! Hope you liked all of them! 


Happy crafting.

Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

Ria Banerjee

23 comments:

  1. Wow such a great array of beautiful projects!! Loved those bookmarks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww! Gorgeous and vibrant cards Ria! Loved all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the Watercolor play here...Love the vibrancy of colors and the way each project showcase the stamps :) way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and tags Ria :) Keep rocking.!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all r too good beautiful made love all the bright colors u have used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I cant resist brightness in cards :D

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cards and tags Ria :) Keep rocking.!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic selection of cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and lovely set of tags, Ria!! Love all the pretty colors and designs, great work!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Set of cards and tags...a great start..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lots of gorgeous colour and vibrancy in your post Ria - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and bookmark, Ria. Love all them!

    ReplyDelete