Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Mudra CT Debut: Mirella Rogan



Hi Everyone, Mirella here. I'm so excited about finally being able to share my first post under the Mudra badge with you! 

A few words of introduction - I am Polish, married to an Irish man, and - together with our little 1.5 year old daughter - we currently live in Finland. Talk about diversity! :o) I have been hooked on card-making since late 2011, which is when I needed a wedding card for a friend - I browsed through a few YouTube videos looking for inspiration, and it all snowballed from there! Creating is my hobby, but it is also my personal therapist - it keeps me relatively sane, and very very happy. My professional life evolves around foreign languages, which are also my big passion. 

Three out of the four cards I am going to share with you today were made with the amazing Dreamcatcher stamp set - this set is the reason I got to know about Mudra Stamps (and it was love at first sight!), so I thought it was only appropriate to use it for my debut post.

First card:





1. I started by stamping the dreamcatcher with Versafine Onyx Black ink, then covered the stamped image with clear embossing powder whilst the ink was still wet, and I heat set it using my heat gun
TIP: Do remember to use an "embossing buddy", powder tool or even kitchen flour on your card base before stamping & heat embossing - this will ensure that the embossing powder will only stick to the areas you want it to
2. I coloured the image and the background very loosely - I used Distress Inks for colouring (Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed & Hickory Smoke)
3. I sprayed the whole front panel with water mixed with Ranger Perfect Pearls - you can see the shimmer in the close up photo. This also made the Distress Inks move around some more
4. I added random splatters with my paintbrush, using the same colours of Distress Inks
5. I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink I used for the dreamcatcher
6. I die cut the front panel and mounted it on a turquoise base (my cards almost always measure 4.25'' by 5.5'')
7. I added a few little gems in a matching colour for additional interest and texture

Second card:




1. I randomly stamped the circular doily shape on a white card panel. I used Versamark Ink, covered the stamped images with super fine white embossing powder & I heat set it using my heat tool 
2. I covered the whole panel with Distress Inks (Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers), using my blending tool
3. I used clean water to add some splatters to the blended background - this gave the background a bit more interest
4. I took a strip of vellum and stamped the sentiment from the Floral Fantasy #1 stamp set using StazOn black ink - I find that it gives me great results when stamping on vellum
5. I trimmed the card panel slightly and mounted it on a piece of black cardstock. I wrapped the vellum strip with the sentiment around that whole panel, and adhered it to a top folding white card base
6. I added some enamel dots in matching colours to the center of each circular shape 

Third card:




1. This card was made pretty much in the same way as the second card, however I took it a step further
2. Here, I used the following Distress Ink colours: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet
3. Before stamping the sentiment, I covered my front panel with white copy paper and ironed it - this removed the embossing powder from my panel & left if totally smooth again! It feels like a magic trick :o) TIP: if you have never done this before, I suggest trying with a smaller heat embossed image first, to test out your settings. With my iron, I use the highest temperature setting, with the steam off, and I iron through an A4 piece of copy paper folded in half - that way the embossing powder melts into the two layers of paper and doesn't ruin my iron 
4. Since my front panel was completely smooth again, I was able to stamp my sentiment on it with no problems - I used Versamark Onyx Black ink, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder
5. After slightly trimming the panel, mounting it on a piece of black cardstock and adhering the whole lot to my card base, I added some sequins in matching colours

Fourth card:



1. My final card will hopefully give you some inspiration for our current challenge - LOVE
2. I die cut a piece of white cardstock, to have the nice stitching around it
3. I then used the Geo Pattern stencil and blended on some Distress Inks (I used Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry) - note that I have then blended a bit of Spun Sugar all over the panel, so that I didn't have any purely white spaces left
4. I then mounted the pink panel on a piece of black cardstock, and adhered them to my red side folding card base
5. The hearts and "Love" Sentiment were heat embossed on vellum, using gold embossing powder. I fussy cut them (leaving a small border around each image) and adhered them to my pink panel
6. The "you always" part of the sentiment was heat embossed with super fine white embossing powder on a strip of black cardstock, and I used foam tape underneath it for some dimension
7. Finally, I added a few sequins in matching colours


Stamps & stencils used:




I hope you enjoyed these - if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments, and I'll do my best to assist. 

Our current challenge is "LOVE" - we hope you can join us & enter your creations! 



Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

Have a fantastic day,

Mirella

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Mirella. The heat embossing is stunning and I love your work with the dreamcatcher stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, I loved the dream catcher one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Manu! I love that set :-)

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite stampset...you have beautifully showcased the beauty of the set....Love the way you have given variations, Mirella :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning cards Mirella!! Love the Dreamcatcher ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Indira! It's my favourite stamp set by Mudra :-)

      Delete
  5. Stunning coloring, inking, and designing, Mirella! Gorgeous creations on your first Mudra DT projects! WOOT woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Kristina!

      Delete
  6. Stunning Cards dear! Love your bright card sets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work Mirella and congratulations on the DT position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandie! Means a lot coming from a crafty queen like you!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards, Mirella!! Love all the bright colors and pretty details. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! I especially love that first one; that dream catcher is fantastic, I can see why you fell for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a stunning and very unique set!

      Delete