Monday, 13 February 2017

Mudra CT Debut: Linda Langes

Hi there - it's Linda here and I'm delighted to be joining the Fabulous Creative Team here 
at Mudra Craft Stamps.


I live on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia with my husband and adult daughter (who's in her final year at University) and I have been paper crafting for about 20 years. My first love was card making but before long Scrapbooking took over and when my children were little (they're now 21 and 23) I scrapped many albums for them. About 8 years ago however my attention was diverted back to the land of card making and I haven't stopped since. By day I am a teacher but by night you will find me in my craft room playing with stamps and inks. Card making brings me so much peace and joy and life would not be as lovely without it :)

Today I have four cards and a video to share with you. I've had so much fun with these beautiful Mudra stamps - let's get started...

Card 1 :  ASplash of Summer fun



  • Choose your 3 Copic colours for each flower and use a matching Memento Dye Ink to stamp the Hibiscus flowers around the outside of the Copic friendly cardstock.
  • Cut a few masks for the hibiscus and leaves (I use full adhesive post-it notes)and use them as you go - first stamping the flower, masking it off and then stamping the leaves.
  • Colour using the darkest Copic in the centre, feather it out with the medium shade and finish the edges of the petal with the lightest Copic colour.
  •  Stamp sentiment using the Brushed Alphas stamp set and a light blue ink.
  • Add Spectrum Noir Clear Shimmer pen (or Wink of Stella) to the centre of the Hibiscus flowers and finish your card with a smattering of sequins. The photo below hopefully shows the shimmer on the flowers...



Stamps Used:



    Card 2 : Something a little grungy



This Grunge Effects stamp set is my new favourite for male cards...which are always a bit tricky for me.
  • Thoroughly wet a piece of water colour cardstock and sprinkle on Brushos - powdered water colour pigments - Ultra Marine/Turquoise/Leaf Green and Emerald Green. Spray with more water if needed so that colours blend. Allow to dry or hit with your heat tool.
  • When dry, stamp a variety of images from Grunge Effects across the card front (with Versamark Ink) and heat emboss with silver embossing powder. 
  • Trim the piece down a little and mat with black card before adhering to your card base.
  • Stamp your greetings from Purely Sentiment - Labelled with black ink on white card, trim and adhere to the card with foam squares. Add the number "2" using the Brushed Alphas setto complete your sentiment.
Stamps Used:
 


Card 3: More soft and dreamy



  • I chose 4 dye ink colours and stamped the Linen Blooms solid blossoms and leaves down the card front.
  • I cut a 1.5 cm piece of patterned acetate (We R Memory Keepers) for the left side of the card and held it in place with adhesive hidden under the sentiment labels and sequins.
  • Stamp sentiments from Purely Sentiment - Labelled in Versamark Ink and silver heat emboss and trim to size.
  • Adhere in place with foam tape.
  • A smattering of sequins and a sprinkle of glitter/Ranger Stickles in the flower centres completes my card.
Stamps used:



Card 4: Lovey dovey rainbow

My final card fits in nicely with the February Challenge here at Mudra Craft Stamps...and my husband who is a lover of bright colours will appreciate it tomorrow for Valentine's Day :) I hope you're going to join in with the LOVE Challenge so we can see your beautiful cards...




I had a tonne of fun on this colourful card and you can watch the whole process on my video below or in HD on the Mudra You Tube Channel -




Stamp Used: 



You have two weeks left to join in Challenge #6 -



Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka

Thanks for popping in today to see what we've been up to with our gorgeous Mudra stamps and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Linda

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Loved the video. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and the video! The balloons card is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Cards, Linda...Thanks for the video tute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards dear! Best of luck for the journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love each of your card and video, Linda!! Wonderful style for each card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. These cards are lovely - I especially like the grungy one. I'm sure you'll have much more fun on this design team in the future. ๐Ÿ˜™

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Linda!Beautiful cards! Love all them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Linda!! The first one is my fav of all!! Thanks for sharing the awesome video too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big welcome to the team Linda! Such beautiful display of cards in your debut post, I am so looking forward to see what you create next :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what lovely cards Linda!!! Loved them all!

    ReplyDelete