Well, it's February and yes, it's the month of love!! I'm sure you all must be loving the fabulous projects by my fellow team members, we have new CT members on board and they totally rocked with their debut posts. Ohh yes, did you checked the part 1 of the February release by Mudra Stamps? I loved it totally and hope you did too!
I have a couple of cards to share which are made with the January 2017 Mudra Release. January release was a mix of some pretty clever stamp sets and I loved them all.
Here are the cards I did:
This card is made with the lovely ostrich pair from the Feathered love Stamp set. A totally cool stamp set to make some very pretty love themed cards!!
Here's a close up of the love-struck ostrich's. They are coloured using the Zig markers.
Here are the steps to make this card
1. Take the largest of the stitch rectangle die (A2 size) and diecut a pattern paper. Similarly, die cut another panel using a loop die to make it look like the grass.
2. Stamp the ostrich pair on a watercoloured cardstock and color. This pair was coloured using the Zig clean markers. Once done, cut out the ostrich set.
3. Adhere the A2 size die cut on a A2 size card, and then glue down the grass diecut as per the choice.
4. Stick the ostrich set and finish off with a sentiment.
This card again uses an image from the Feathered love stamp set and the balloons are from the balloons stamp set.
Here's how to make this card.
1. Cut an A2 size panel from a watercolor sheet and stamp the flying ostrich from the set. Color using the markers of your choice, this one is colored using the Zig markers.
2. Stamp a few balloons from the balloons stamp set, using different coloured inks and then fuzzy cut them. Stick the balloons in the dedied way and then draw the strings of the balloon with the ostrich (just to show that the bird is carrying the balloons)
3. Layer the card on an A2 size card, finish off by doing a little watercolouring around the ostrich to make it look like a sky.
Now here's the card from the 'You are Sweet' stamp set and I totally love this stamp set. This layered set has quite a few steps to do before you get a super cute candy image, but then, if the results are pretty, I'm sure you wouldn't mind spending an extra 5 minute of making a super duper cute card.
Well, this concept of doing a candy themed stamp clicked while I looking for a candy for my little one and since Valentine's was around the corner and this event is largely associated with candies/sweets/sugar, what more could have been thought about!! The idea that hit the head was soon told to Varshitha and I'm so glad that she made a super lovely stamp set. Don't believe it? checkout the next 2 cards!!
Here's how to make this card.
1. Take an A2 sized card panel and using the circle image, stamp it to the cardstock. I took the memento inks to make this card and the circle was stamped twice (on top of the first stamped image) to give a very crisp and sharp circle. Stamp the stick.
2. Take the half circle and using the pigment ink, stamp it onto the top part of the circle to give a shade to the circle. Let it dry. Since the pigment inks takes longer to dry, you can speed up the process using a heating tool.
3. Once dried, carefully stamp the eyes. I added a bow to the stick of one of the circles and a bow to another circle depicting them as a couple .
4. Finish off the card by adding a sentiment and then mounting the panel onto a A2 size card.
Here's another card with the same 'You are sweet' stamp set.
Totally different from the first card. Well, I'm quite fond of this set because it makes cute cards and yes, it's versatile!
Here's how this one was made.
1. Take a A2 size diecut panel, using the heart shaped stamp from the set, stamp the heart in different colors all over the panel.
2. Take the layered line from the set and give a layered look to the heart using the line stamped with white pigment ink. Let dry.
3. Stamp the eyes onto each heart and finish off with a sentiment.
I hope you all liked the cards!! Do give me your feedback !!! Hope you enjoyed these pretty little cards!!
Now lets go on to see today’s release
Geometric nature 6”x4”
Concept by Manu Gupta
Design by Varshitha
This Geometric Pattered shapes of a flower, leaf and butterfly. These new unique design are super additive for coloring and stamping techniques. Great for CAS cards to MM projects!
I really cant wait to see CT’s Project with this Geometric nature!!
And another stencil for this month...
Retro Curves 6”x4” Stencil
This month's challenge is all about LOVE. Do not forget to participate.
Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:
Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka