Saturday, 18 February 2017

Easy Galaxy Background with Distress Inks | Video | CAS cards


Hello everyone! This is Deepti and I'm here today to share four cards with you all. I have also made a video for one of these cards! I made them using January's Release Stamp Sets - 2017. So let's get started!

stamps used : Balloons and Mixed Greetings


CARD DETAILS
  • I took a standard sized white card stock and stamped the Balloons with yummy Catherine Pooler Inks
  • To achieve that gorgeous color block look I overlapped stamping a few balloons
  • I finished the card by stamping the sentiment from Mixed Greetings set
stamps used : Baby and You are so sweet


CARD DETAILS
  • On a standard white card stock I stamped the Baby and baby image from Baby stamp set and 'You are my sugar plum' from You are so sweet stamp set with Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink
  • Then colored the diaper and ball with Faber Castell Connector Pens
  • Also colored the BABY with grey FC pen
  • Created the ground for baby by drawing a line with a black marker
  • Finished the card by adding shimmer with wink of stella pen
stamps used : Basic Planner and Mixed Greetings


CARD DETAILS
  • I started by water coloring the background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
  • Next with the help of Circle Framelit dies from Sizzix, I drew two circles with pencil
  • I stamped all the images with Midnight ink along the circle lines
  • In the center I stamped the sentiment from Mixed Greetings.
stamps used : Feathered Love


CARD DETAILS
  • I started by ink blending the background with Mustard Seed, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot Distress Inks as I wanted to create a galaxy background
  • To add more depth and interest I spritzed some water then Perfect Pearls and then White chalk paint
  • Then stamped the bird, colored a few parts with Camlin Pens, fussy cut it and adhered it on to the inked panel
  • Before adhering the bird I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with Archival Jet Black ink
  • And finally finished the card by adding a few sequins and shimmer
VIDEO DETAILS

I have made a video for you where I have shared everything in detail. Enjoy! ;) 





Also don't forget to participate in our current challenge where the theme is LOVE


Mudra Craft Stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Lulupu - The Craft Lounge
Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

Thank you and Happy Paper Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Great creations, the galaxy background is fab, and I love the card you made with the planner set :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely array of cards, Deepti!! Love the beautiful galaxy video!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Beautiful galaxy background!
    Wongerful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. Adorable cards Deepti! Loved the gorgeous galaxy card! Thanks for the video and the inspiration - Nazneen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Deepti!! Love the video tutorial with that awesome galaxy background technique, thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool cards Deepti! Loved them

    ReplyDelete