Monday, 30 January 2017

A Handful of cards!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm Manu and I have a mixed bag of cards to be shared with you all using the December 2016 Mudra Release!!
The theme for Jan 2017 month is Heat embossing and I do have a heat embossed card using a pretty old, yet very gorgeous Mudra stamp set. This set had been on my wish list since long and I'm so glad I could use it  for the challenge!!
Here's the first card which abides by the challenge for this month !
I totally love the vibrant alongside the gold embossing, something which is very much perfect for the Indian themed cards! Here's another look!



To make the card.
1. Cut a A2 panel a little smaller than the A2 size to be adhered to the base A2 card. I used a rectangle stitched die to make the top panel.
2. Stamp the stamp design using the versafine ink and then sprinkle Gold embossing powder and heat set it using the heat tool.
3. Take the distress inks of your choice and start building the colors. the heat embossed area will resist the colors and you will end up with a colourful card! 



Here are my other cards with the December release! December release is very close to my heart since this release had the first stamp set that I help co-ordinate with Ruchi (She is an amazing and awesomely talented crafter and a designer too) 



Here's one of the cutest stamps from the december release, the Hippo stamp set!! I made 2 cards using this stamp set. 


Here are the steps to make the cards.
1. Cut a A2 sized cardstock to be made as the base of the cards. Cut out another panel, a little bit smaller than A2 size to be layered on the top. I placed masking tape at equal intervals and then distressed the top panel. Once done, remove the tape and you have a nice and bright backdrop for your cards! 
2. Cut a small circle with any circle die to be used as a window where the hippos would be placed peeping out of them.
3. Stamp the cakes and 2 hippos of your choice and color them according to your choice of colors. I used the Zig clean markers to color the images. 
4. Fussy cut the images and then mount them on to the panel and finally the panel to the base cardstock.
5. Stamp the sentiment and place few sequins of your choice and ta-da, it's done!! You have 2 super cute cards!


My last card is made using the Sail Away stamp set which is another favorite of mine. 

Endless possibilities and such a cute sailor!! This card came out pretty much the way I imagined it to be!! I used the birdie from the Hippo set to go along!




I hope you all liked the cards and do participate in this month's challenge which is open till tomorrow  to submit your wonderful creations!! 

Stamps used:

          No automatic alt text available.   No automatic alt text available.


Also, there is still time to play along with our current challenge and win some beautiful Mudra stamps.



Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:


Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

16 comments:

  1. All your cards are beautifully designed, Manu!! I really love the first card with gold embossing and all the vibrant colors. The Hippo stamp is my favorite too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl <3 Glad that you liked them!!! :)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! I love the lovely colours on the first card, and the other ones are so cleverly designed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much Mirella for liking them!! <3 hugs

      Delete
  3. Wow I love that gorgeous gold embossing Manu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Manu :) Those hippos are so cute on your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cards Manu!! Happy to see my hippos n captain go live.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear!! You did an outstanding job with the hippos!! <3 They are way too cute!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful set of cards..Love the way you have designed the sailor one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear !! Glad that you liked them all <3

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful cards Manu! Absolutely love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!! I'm such a big fan of your cards!!! keep them coming !

      Delete