Friday, 11 November 2016

Stamp Focus: Doodled Elements | Video Tutorial

Hello,

This is Ujjwal and today is such an exciting day, for I am playing with the stamp set that I designed. When I started crafting, I never in my dreams thought that a day like this would come. I am so proud and at the same time so thankful for the opportunities that have come my way and of course to Varshitha and MUDRA for being so supportive and encouraging!

The stamp set is 4"X6" called "Doodled Elements" and looks like this



I wanted the stamp set to be an all occasion stamp set that could be used around the year and most importantly for any occasion. I also wanted the stamp set to be technique friendly and I am sure you are going to love coloring, layering, masking, fussy cutting and heat embossing among other techniques with this stamp set.

Here are the cards I created with this stamp set. I also have a video showing the process of how I created these cards at the end of the post.









Card 1

The stamp set is intricate and yet has just the right amount of open spaces to color the images to your heart's content. I stamped the butterfly image with black ink and colored using Faber Castell Markers. For the background, I used a bunch of distress inks and a waterbrush and simply dabbed the watered ink on the card stock.
Supplies Used

Fabriano Elle Erre - Bianco
Bielo Smooth White Cardstock
Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Evergreen Bough
Sakura Koi Waterbrush
Archival Black Ink
Faber Castell Markers
Brustro Technical Pens
Clean Cham Cleaning Cloth



Card 2

The stamp set is intricate enough to make an impact even if you choose not to color the images. For the first card here, I simply stamped the butterfly in black ink and fussy cut it. For the background, I used a bunch of distress inks and a waterbrush and simply dabbed the watered ink on the card stock.
Supplies Used

Cardstock - Golden Yellow
Bielo Smooth White Cardstock
Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio
Sakura Koi Waterbrush
Archival Black Ink
Fabriano Elle Erre - Bianco
Brustro Technical Pens
Clean Cham Cleaning Cloth






Card 3

The outline of the images is kept simple, so it is easy to fussy cut them. I stamped the flowers image with black ink and colored come using distress inks and some using Faber Castell Markers. For the background, I used a bunch of distress inks and a waterbrush and simply dabbed the watered ink on the card stock.
Supplies Used

Fabriano Elle Erre - Bianco
Bielo Smooth White Cardstock
Distress Inks - Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Evergreen Bough
Sakura Koi Waterbrush
Archival Black Ink
Faber Castell Markers
Brustro Technical Pens
Clean Cham Cleaning Cloth

Here's the video




I have three more card ideas and another video on my YouTube Channel as well in case you want to check that out :)
Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know your thoughts. It would mean a lot to me!

We have a lovely challenge theme and a chance to win some awesome Mudra Stamps. You can participate in the challenge here Mudra Challenge #3: Create Backgrounds with Stamps 



Mudra Stamps are available at

6 comments:

  1. Awesomely Gorgeous Riot of colors, Ujjwal :) You have beautifully brought out the beauty of Ur designed stamp!! Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so colorful cards!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards. Loved all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the explosion of colors,beautiful cards.cant wait to try your stamp set ujjwal :)

    ReplyDelete