Saturday, 12 November 2016

Guest Designer : Erum Tasneem

Hello, crafty friends!
Today we have a very talented crafter with us, who has some amazing inspiration to share using Mudra Stamps. She not only does some really amazing colouring, but also makes the most beautiful cards and 3D projects. Hailing from Karachi, Pakistan, she's one of the very favourite crafter among the Indian crafting industry. I guess you all must know by now that I am talking about none other than, ERUM TASNEEM :) So, without further ado, handing you over to Erum and what she has to say about herself.




" Hello! I am Erum Tasneem. I live in Karachi, Pakistan with my family of humans and cats 😃
I blog at VIBGYOR Krafts. You can find me on Instagram as Glitternswirls, I have a small home based business by the same name which I run on FB, you can find it here.

Absolutely grateful to Varshitha for sending me awesome Mudra stamps to play with. I used only one stamp set (which I LOVE) to create my cards. We are focusing today on Crazy Monsters.
Here are the first two cards:



Isn't this monster the cutest? As you can see what I have done here is use just this one monster to create my background as well as my focal image. For the background you can take a lighter colour ink and stamp repeatedly in a random or a uniform fashion - whichever you like. I went with the random stamping since I am no good at aligning stamps 😝 But if you have a Misti or enough time on your hands, go for it!
After I was finished with the backgrounds, I stamped the monster on regular cardstock so I can colour him in a brighter colour and use him as a focal image. Both images are water coloured using distress inks
Here are my cards separately:




I thought it would be nice to create the same look on both white and kraft to show you guys how the same technique and style can look so different with just a change in base colour.



And I have another card to share.


How can I not have a bright, rainbow background card for you guys with a jumping monster! hehe

I used party hat from the same stamp set to repeatedly stamp on the background and then heat embossed it. I inked the panel using several distress inks to create my rainbow background. I then went in and coloured the party hats with water and wipe it off/or soak it with a tissue paper - hence the lighter coloured hats. I really liked the effect, it looks super cool and really not that much work! I also flicked some water randomly on the entire panel for the added effect.

Images coloured using Faber Castell classic pencils.

I hope you enjoyed the post. I had fun making these cards and I am pretty sure I will be making a LOT of cards using this set.

Thank you for having me Mudra Stamps. "


Mudra Stamp used :

Crazy Monsters

Aren't Erum's cards just WOW?! She has fabulously highlighted the Crazy Monsters set in her cards today! I'm sure you all must be very inspired by this post. 

Thank you so much, Erum for sharing your talent with us! Please do not forget to leave some love for Erum & her beautiful work :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't forget to play along our Challenge #3 - Create Background with Stamps


You can shop for Mudra Stamps from the following stores :

13 comments:

  1. Gosh!! Awesome cards. Love the way you have created the background and the colour combinations. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always..Awesome Coloring, Erum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty,pretty...love all of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, all the cards are :) Love the simplicity of the first two & your coloring and the colorful BG of the third <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card with a twist of Erum's special touch !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love these cutie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your passion and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Cute cards and loved the composition.

    ReplyDelete