Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Cards using Heat Embossing | November Release

Hello, crafty friends!
This is Hussena here today from Quill & Punch Works to share few cards I made using the stamps from the Mudra November Release. As always, I really enjoyed working with the sets and played around a bit to come up with three cards.  I'll be sharing each one by one with detailed instructions on how I created them, so let's get started :)

On your Special Day - Card
For my first card, I wanted to create a background using the Elegant Damask set. I stamped the damask repeatedly on a white piece of cardstock and clear embossed it. The peach flowers are from the Floral Flourish set. It looks really pretty with the gold embossing. I love how the Mini Sets have images that are so versatile & can be used for various projects! My card has been created using 3 different Mini Sets and I love the outcome! I have created this card keeping in mind the Mudra Challenge #3 - Create a background using stamps. You can check out the all details HERE for the challenge.



Here's how I made this card :
  • I took an A2 piece of white cardstock for my card panel.
  • I first used the damask stamp from the Elegant Damask set and stamped it repeatedly to create a background. I clear embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Clear embossing powder and then used Distress inks for an emboss resist effect.
  • Next, I stamped the flower bunch from the Floral Flourish set and heat embossed it in gold & fussy-cut it. I again colored them using various shades of Distress inks.
  • For the sentiment, I used the stamp from the 'On Your Special Day' set.
  • To finish off my card, I used a black border die-cut and added a silver glitter scalloped border.


Fly High - Card Two
I have used the Butterfly Layers set for this card. It is a multi-step stamp and can be used to create some wonderful butterflies!

  • I took an A2 white card panel and used a stencil with some Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste to create the background. I used 4 different shades of Distress inks along with the Embossing paste to create a multi-colored background.
  • Once this was dry, I started working on my butterflies. I stamped the butterflies using the Butterfly Layers set and fussy-cut it.
  • To add some sparkle & shine, I added some super fine dry clear glitter on the bodies of all the butterflies. It looks really pretty in real life!
  • I wanted the background to blend in with the panel so I created a background by doing the Smooshing technique using two shades of Distress inks in blue and adhered my card panel on it.
  • The sentiment is from the Hummingbirds set. You can always mix and match your sets for sentiments and that's what I did. I only used a part of the sentiment by masking the rest.
  • For the finishing touches, I added enamel dots in rainbow colours and this card was done!


Simple Card with Heat Embossing -Card 3
This is a very simple design and can easily be mass produced.


  • I took a piece of black cardstock measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches and die-cut it using a Stitched Frame die.
  • Next, I prepped up my card surface for heat-embossing using the EK Success Powder Tool (This is used to remove the static from the paper). I used the Leaves stamp set for stamping on the two corners using Versamark Embossing ink and heat-embossed it in gold. Tip - Since the leaves are pretty intricate, always use a Super Fine Detail embossing powder while heat embossing. Using a normal embossing powder will give you very thick & unclear images.
  • I added two butterflies from the Butterfly Layers set which I had heat-embossed in gold and colored using Distress inks. For one of the butterflies, I cut off one part of the wing to create a silhouette shape.
  • I wanted the sentiment to be a bit bold so I heat set the sentiment from the same set - Butterfly Layers and adhered it in the middle. I added two strips of gold paper to enhance focus on the sentiment.
  • I added few tiny flowers from the Bunny Wishes set to finish off my card.


So that's it from my side! I hope you liked the cards I created. If you have any queries/questions regarding any of the products used, then please leave them in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Stamps used from Mudra :

Leaves

Butterfly Layers

Elegant Damask

Floral Flourish

Hummingbirds

Bunny Wishes

On Your Special Day

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't forget to play along our Challenge #3 - Create Background with Stamps


You can shop for Mudra Stamps from the following stores :


Have a nice day everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Pretty cards Hussena...It speaks much of your style!! You have such an aesthetic sense of handling a stamp and thereby designing a card...Love all cards for its sheer simplicity!!!
    P.S: You and Me were in perfect frequency match, when made these cards...You will know it tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hussena - such a gorgeous array of cards, all the DTs work tempt me to buy more stamps from Mudra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful cards!!! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Hussena :) Like Sathya said , you know how to design the cards creatively :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards!!! Love the details you have given in each card. Love the butterfly one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards sets. Loved the butterfly card very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are so beautiful!!! Love the black and gold embossing one! My favorite. So elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Hussena! Love the card which has done with my designed leaves stamp set. Butterflies are beautiful and that damask card with flower cluster on top is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply Wow Hussena...
    All the cards are AWESOME....but the first one is super gorgeous... Love the way u have combined damask n floral stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Hussena!! The teal damask card is so elegant and the black one so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome array of cards Hussena !! Loved the bg on first one a lot and gold embossed leave on black looks so Classy !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. Gold embossing on the black cards is super awesome, infarct all the cards are classy. WOW. Treat to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh they are all Lovely as always, beautiful color combo's, love the whimsical of the second card and the Lovely Elegant feel of the 3rd card, Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love your elegant cards with the dramatic colors, Hussena. Lovely stamps too.

    ReplyDelete