Monday, 14 November 2016

Card Inspirations for Mudra October Release

Hi All!

It's Priya here from priya.and.papers! Today I am sharing a set of cards I made using gorgeous stamps released by Mudra in October. The release is full of florals, leaves and butterflies mixed up in lovely sentiments.

Let's have a look at each of these.

Card 1 : So very grateful

Procedure :
1. Take an A2 piece of cardstock suitable for ink blending. I used Tim Holtz Watercolor paper. Heat emboss the leaves stamps at the 2 edges of the panel with white embossing powder.
2. Now blend in 2 colors of inks. I used yellow and green.
3. Splatter some water using a paint brush over the panel.
4. Die cut 2 rectangles by stacking 2 rectangle dies. You will get an outer frame, inlay frame and inner rectangle.
5. Adhere the outer frame and inner rectangle on a card base.
6. Take a piece of vellum, little bigger to the size of inlay frame and heat emboss the sentiment. Adhere it to the back of inlay frame and stick the inlay frame onto the cardstock at it's actual position.

Card 2 : Enjoy Life

1. Take an A2 piece of cardstock suitable for ink blending. I used Tim Holtz Watercolor paper. Now blend in 2 colors of inks. I used yellow and Peach here.
2. Splatter some water using a paint brush over the panel.
3. On a separate piece of cardstock, stamp the leaves stamp using black die ink. I used Hero Arts Hues die ink. Now fussy cut the leaves.
4. Layer and stamp the butterflies from the layered butterflies stamp set and fussy cut it.
5. Arrange all the fussy cut elements and stick it on to the ink blended panel I created in step 1& 2 above.
6. For the sentiment, I used the enjoy life sentiment that comes in the leaves stamp set.

Stamps Used :

Leaves Stamp Set
Grateful Stamp set
Butterfly Layers Stamp set

Card 3: Missing You
Procedure:
1. Take an A2 panel of stamping cardstock. I used Neenah Solar white 90 lbs cardstock here. Stamp the damask stamps from the Elegant Damask stamp set to make a panel.
2. I cut it down to give it an angle as shown above and covered the 2 sides with golden washi tape.
3. Heat emboss the butterfly from the Beautiful Butterfles stamp set on a piece of vellum using gold embossing powder and fussy cut it. Adhere it onto the stamped panel.
4. To finish it off, I heat embossed the sentiment on black cardbase and adhered the stamped panel on it.

Stamps Used :

Elegant Damask Stamp Set
Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set
Card 4: A set of notecards

Procedure :
These are pretty simple to make. I cut 3 pieces of watercolor cardstock in 3x3 inches size. Stamped the floral image and sentiment from the Floral Notes mini stamp set and colored it with my Zig markers. You can use any coloring medium of your choice.

Stamps Used :

Floral Notes mini stamp set

This is it from my side.I hope you liked all the cards I made. If you are interested, you can purchase the Mudra stamps from the following craft stores:
Do join us and play along our current Challenge #3 - Create Background with Stamps!!
Happy Crafting!
Priya

9 comments:

  1. All are so delightful, love the blending on first too! Great creations Priya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. Love the way you play with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Priya 😊 I drool over your blending every time! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Priya!! Just love all the cards!! And the ink blended backgrounds look absolutely delightful!! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete