Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Background Builder Inspirations

Hello crafty friends,

Gayatri here with another set of projects to inspire you. Hope you all are playing along with this month challenge.

Let us move on to my first project:



A simple card using the Elegant Damask stamp set. Took a Fabriano Elle Erre 'Cielo' card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 5/8" and stamped the lower part with the largest Damask image. I used Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I took another smaller piece of white CS and used one of the smaller Damask images and stamped repeatedly with Blue Dye ink from Altenew, to form the pattern. I adhered the smaller white panel onto the blue panel. I added a blue organza ribbon at the joint of the two panel pieces. I stuck this to a white card front and added a bow. I stamped one of the butterfly images from Butterfly Layers stamp set, on vellum with Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder and fussy cut the image. Stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it, layered it with blue CS and adhered with foam tape.

Second project:



Took a White CS and stenciled using the Geo Pattern stencil. I used Fossilized Amber DI and gave a faded effect towards the edges. I stamped the butterflies from the Butterfly layers stamp set using Altenew dye inks and fussy cut them. I added two pieces of Doily die cuts on the corners and added the sentiment from the same stamp set. I curved the wings of the butterflies and added them to the panel. I also added two enamel drops. I layered panel with yellow CS and mounted it onto a white card front.

Third project: Shaker card


I used the snow flake element from the Christmas decor stamp set to create the back ground and inked the CS with Ocean Waves ink from Altenew. I cut a circle window for the shaker card. I took another panel and stamped and heat embossed tree element from the Jingle Bells stamp set. I punched out a circle from masking paper and stuck it, to get the moon image. I inked the panel to give a night sky. I stuck a piece of acetate on the front panel. I adhered two layers of thick card stock,instead of foam tape, to create a gap and added the shaker elements. I stamped the bells image from Jingle Bells and colored it with Zig colors. I added the sentiment from Santa & Friends stamps set. I layered the panel with dark blue CS and mounted it on white card front.
Close up views:



Stamps used:











Hope my projects have inspired you. Link your creativity and stand a chance to win this month challenge.

Mudra Challenge # 3: "Create background with stamps" 

Shop for Mudra stamp here :
Till I meet you again with more creations - Happy crafting!!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspirations, Gayatri. My fave is the night sky...beautifully sponged and the cloudy moon reminded me of moonlit landscape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love love the blue and white damask card.. so stylish yet classy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards,love the shaker card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning dear :) all are so beautiful, colorful & cheerful <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your three cards are so awesome. Love the way you've stamped the background on the first one and the shaker card looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!! Love love love the damask blue <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards... beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all the Gorgeous cards and lovely colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such splendid cards Gayathri! Love love the colors you chose every time!

    ReplyDelete