Friday, 14 October 2016

Mudra Guest Designer : Kanan Pandya

Hello friends,

     Today we have a talented crafter, Kanan Pandya, as our Guest designer. She is known in Blogland for her awesome CAS cards. She plays so well with Watercolors. Her Watercolor and Distress inks sponging projects, speaks loads of her talent. She is here with us today, to share her talent using our Mudra stamps.

Over to KananPandya,


My name is KananPandya. I blog at www.ifeelglee.com. Just a little bit of introduction about myself. I live in US with my husband and 2 year old daughter. I have been crafting for several years now and have used stamps from different name brands. However, when I was first introduced to Mudra, I was so enthralled to see line of stamp designs that I could connect with my style of card making. Indeed, it gave a whole new dimension to my cards. Thank you, Mudra for offering such fabulous stamps sets.
On final note, I would express my sincere thanks to Sathya for sharing the stamps and Varshitha for giving me this privilege of guest designing.

Card 1:

Here’s my first card for which I used “Linen Blooms” set. I used the biggest outline image flower on a watercolor card stock and stamped it using Versafine Onyx black ink. I colored each flower using watercolor and I chose all the bright colors for each flower. For the background I used ochre yellowshade and used the wet on wet technique. I wanted the edges to be darker and the center of the panel to be soft so I apply my color on the edges first and gently colored towards center. I added a thin strip of patterned paper and lastly added some gold sequins and used the white gel pen to add some dots in the center of each flower.

 Here’s is a closer look to it.


Card 2:

For my second card I used the same stamp set but this time I used solid images. I stamped the small and big solid flower image with the lightest shade of Distress ink and colored each one using the no line coloring technique. I chose bright colors but I wanted to give it a very elegant look so I just added a golden washi tape and few splatters of gold color. I give some dimension to main panel as well as the sentiment which is from the “Dainty Blooms”set.
 Here’s is a closer look to it.

Card 3:

I love “Dainty Blooms” floral stamp. I stamped the main image of the flowers on a watercolor panel and colored it using watercolors and then very loosely watercolor the background using Distress ink as well as watercolors in the shades of brown. I cut the panel leaving the floral images on the edge and adhere it to the main card base. Also added a thin strip of patterned paper.Finally added the sentiment from the same set and some black gems to finish off my card.


Here’s is a closer look to it.



Card 4:

For my last card I went with the clean and simple look. I stamped the main floral image and mini flowers on a different card stock and colored them using Faber Castell’sPolychromos colored pencils and fussy cut them. After that I inked a portion of my card base with “Broken China” Distress ink and splatter some water drops on it, I love this effect. Finally arranged my flowers on the card base and added some white dots on the center of each flower. For the sentiment I skip the “Mother’s” word from the “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment and created a sentiment using only “Happy” &“Day” words. Finally added some sequins to finish off my card.


 Here’s is a closer look to it.


I hope you will like my cards and get inspired. Thank you so much for having me today.

Stamps used:



Did you see those Lovely Creations and colors. 
Just check her Instagram profile and follow, (pandyak) its loaded with Watercolor goodness.

Thanks SO much, Kanan Pandya for sharing your creations for our viewers here at Mudra. 

Thank you so much Guys.  Don't forget to play along our Challenge #2: Color Palette

Mudra Stamps are available at these shops :

27 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD kanan, awesome cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started following kanan Pandya and very happy to see her as Mudra GD ! Beautiful set of cards .last one is my Favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pooja for your kind words!! The last card is my favorite too as I make CAS card very rarely but when I finished making this particular card I was super happy with the result. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards dear...Love the colors used...Last one is my fave card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sathya!! I love these stamps. :-)

      Delete
  4. All your cards are just beautiful...Love your coloring and ink blending..So good to see you as a GD here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hussena for your sweet comment. :-)

      Delete
  5. That's some pretty awesome water coloring <3 beautiful cards :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pon for your kind words. :-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely set of cards and such gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments, I really appreciate it and thanks once again to the Mudra Team for having me as GD. Love your beautifully design stamps. :-)

    ReplyDelete