This is Priya here from Priya-n-Papers. Since Diwali is around the corner, I planned to make some Diwali cards. This is my favorite time of the year with all the festivities and celebrations. I love making cards to send it off to my family and friends living oceans away. Mudra Diwali release is so perfect to make some festive Diwali cards. Let's hop on to see all the cards I have for you.
Card 1 : Have a blast with crackers!
1. Take A2 piece watercolor cardstock and stamp various crackers from the crazy crackers stamp set.
2. Color the images with coloring medium of your choice. I used Zig markers here.
3. Finish off the card with the "have a blast" sentiment and firework burst from the same set.
Card 2 : Cracker card with surprise element
This card has an open flap. When the flap is open, it have fireworks burst in various colors!
1. For the panel, stamp the crackers image from the stamp set on a piece of watercolor paper and color it in various of any coloring medium. I used zig markers here.
2. For the surprise, take another piece of A2 watercolor paper and divide it into 3 panels. On the top and last panel, I did some watercoloring with same colors I used in step 1 with zig markers.
3. In the middle panel, stamp the firework burst stamp in same colors.
4. I then adhered the panel I made in step 1 to the back of this A2 cardstock to hide the fireworks.
5. I finished the card with "have a blast" sentiment at the top and "boom" in the middle panel so when the front panel is opened, it shows the fireworks with a boom!
Stamps Used : Crazy Crackers
Card 3: Classy Diwali card
1. Take A2 watercolor paper and stamp the damask image twice with clear watermark ink to make the bottom border.
2. Heat emboss the image with gold embossing powder.
3. Distress the whole panel with distress inks of various colors. I used Twisted citron, Mermaid lagoon and Wilted violet inks.
4. Take another panel and stamp the diya stamp from the Deepam stamp set thrice with embossing ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
5. Cut the panel to make it little smaller than A2 so that when we adhere this to the A2 panel, the gold embossing shows up.
6. Now color the diyas with same distress inks and finish the card with a Diwali wishes sentiments.
Card 4 : Celebrate Diwali
1. Take A2 sized watercolor cardstock and stamp long deepam and firework burst stamp with embossing ink.
2. Heat emboss the panel with white embossing powder and distress the whole panel with ground espresso distress ink.
3. Now splatter some water on the panel and soak it off with paper towel.
4. Put some water inside the long deepam with a paint brush and lift it off to get a lighter color.
5. Finish the card with some sentiments. I used a "celebrate" die cut here.
Stamps Used : Deepam
Card 5 : Sending sunshine
I also got this gorgeous Gerberas blooms in my DT kit so I couldn't resist using it ..
1. Take A2 size stamping cardstock and stamp the outlined flower image with black ink to make a garden look.
2. Layer the flowers with 3rd layer with different color inks.
3. Add the sunshine sentiment from the same stamp set.
Stamps Used : Gerberas Blooms
This is it from my side, I hope you liked all the cards I created. if interested, you can buy the stamps from any of the following craft stores :
1. The Craft Shop
2. Lulupu - The Craft Lounge
5. Kat Scrappiness USA
6. Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
7. Art and Craft Store, Noida
Hope you have a wonderful crafty day ahead.