Friday, 12 August 2016

Wedding invitations with Mudra stamps + Tips to design them

Hi friends,
This month has been super crafty!! Loads of inspiration on Mudra blog by amazing DTs and a Mudra and Papericious blog hop going in parallel. I am sure you all are having a gala time!!
Today I am gonna share something very interesting with you. You all know about The Big Fat Indian weddings right?? We, in India give so much attention to detail when it comes to something related to marriage. Today I am sharing wedding invites I designed recently using Mudra stamps. I hope you like them :)
Project 1




Do you see that background I have made using Damask stamp set from Mudra. I have gold embossed it and sponged salty ocean, peacock feathers and mowed lawn distress inks. I never knew this small 2"X 3" stamp set could give such wonderful results. 
I can't tell you how beautiful it looks in person.
Stamp Set used: 


Project 2
Being a CAS lover I really hesitate using 3d flowers in my projects but at the same time I get tempted a lot when ever I see amazing creations of my fellow crafters. So finally I came out of my comfort zone and made an embellished card. 


But again soul of this card lies in that gold embossed pattern I created using the Pattern Builder stamp set from Mudra. Oh My God!! I just love how beautiful this pattern looks. And don't forget that big bloom I made for the first time :)
Supplies Used: 


To summarise following are few tips which can be handy while designing a wedding invitation:

1. I like to have some hint of golden or silver colour in invitations. It might be embossing with metallic embossing powders or a shining lace or an embellishment. This ensures the rich look of a wedding invite.
2. Second and very important tip, try to design your invite in such a way  that it is practical to efficiently make multiple copies. If your invitation involves lot of designing steps you might find it extremely difficult to make them in large number.. 
   
I am not keeping well today so have left the post a bit short. But would love to answer your questions. Hope you like both the invitations. I would like to know which one you found better :)
Hope to hear from you all.

Mudra Stamps are now available in listed online and retail stores.

Love and Hugs 
Parul

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous impact of gold! Love both of your stunning creations Parul and Thanks for sharing some important tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really fantastic cards. Love the use of colors and they look royal !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and veyyyy veryyy awesome wedding cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved both your invites but I am partial to the first one. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so Elegant n beautiful !! Modern yet traditional..you are right I was wondering how many you must have made we need hundreds for weddings!! I guess they for selected guests only !

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so stunning Parul! Absolutely amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Fab cards, Parul :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous & stunning invites Parul.!! Love them both to the core <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning cards, Parul. I totally love your CAS and elegant approach to making these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning cards, Parul. I totally love your CAS and elegant approach to making these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards...I love both the cards..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards...I love both the cards..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome looking cards!! Each is a beauty in itself !! A small query did you print out the names or was it a custom made stamp

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous wedding invitations parul

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous work!! Loovvvve them!!

    ReplyDelete