Friday, 19 August 2016

Stamp Highlight |Daisy Blooms, Wild Florals and Botanical Blooms|

Hi, crafty friends!
This is Hussena here to share some inspiration using the stamps from the Mudra July Release. I had shared some cards earlier also using some of the July Release stamp sets and you can check my post HERE. Today I'll be sharing a card + few tags so let's have a look at what I made :


For my first card, I have used 3 sets from Mudra - Daisy Blooms, Brushed Sentiments & Botanical Blooms. You can mix and match these sets easily and they are extremely versatile to work with!


Here's how I made it :

  • I took an A2 white card base and die-cut a rectangle frame to fit my card front using some Gold Glitter paper. I kept aside the frame and did not adhere it right now.
  • I made some stripes on my card front using a light blue shade of Distress ink. These were hand painted using a flat brush.
  • Now, for the main focal of my card. I first stamped the sentiment for my card - I decided to go with "Happy birthday". It was stamped using some Versafine Onyx Black ink and is from the Mudra- Brushed Sentiments set. Since the font is pretty bold ad it is in a brush lettered font, it creates a really striking focal. 
  • I, then stamped and fussy-cut some flowers & leaves using the Mudra Daisy Blooms and Botanical Blooms set.
  • Adhered them using some foam tape and added the glitter frame to my card base that I had die-cut earlier.
  • Finally added some sequins to finish off the card.


A few close-up shots of the gorgeous flowers & leaves!

The Brushed Sentiment



 On to my next project, I created some pretty little tags using stamps from the Botanical Blooms, Wild Florals & On your Special day stamp sets. These make for a really good gift for family & friends. A look at the tags :




( L -R )
  • For the blue tag, I water-colored the background using Distress inks & I stamped the flower & the foliage by doing a little bit of masking. 
  • To create a bit of dimension, I again stamped, watercolored & fussy-cut the flower before foam mounting it and adhering it to the tag base. Stamped the sentiment from the Mini Bunch set and added some splatters of gold mist.


  • For the pink tag, I stamped the flowers & leaves and fussy cut them before foam mounting it on the tag base.
  • I decided to stamp the sentiment on the left side at an angle to create some interest.
  • Finished it off by doing some black ink splatters.


( L - R )
  • I stamped the flower bouquet from the On your Special Day set and water colored it using Distress inks before fussy-cutting it & adding foam tape.
  • For the base of my tag, I die-cut the stitched pattern at an angle and water-colored the bottom half of the tag using Cracked Pistachio Distress ink. 
  • I then stamped the sentiment by masking and using two different fonts for it. The 'Special' is from the  On your Special Day set and the 'Wishes' is from the 'Mini Bunch' set.
  • For the pink tag, I water-colored the background using Distress inks & I stamped the flower & the foliage by doing a little bit of masking. 
  • I kept it simple by just doing some stamping & watercoloring. Finished it off by stamping the sentiment from the Mini Bunch set.


Stamps used from my cards :

Daisy Blooms


Brushed Sentiments


 Botanical Blooms


On your Special Day


 Wild Florals


Mini Bunch


I hope I was able to inspire you with the cards I made using Mudra stamps. If interested, you can buy Mudra stamps from any of the following Indian stores :

1. Lulupu -The Craft Lounge
2. The Craft Shop
3. Anandha Stationery
4. Craft Adda

Have a nice day everyone!
- Hussena

20 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards hussena. the tags are so cute and a eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.! Beautiful card and tags Hussena.! Totally love the dimensional look <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card and those tags are all so, so beautiful. You have used those stamp sets so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty and happy cards and tags Hussena! Love the colors and how well you have used all the florals <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! I love your selection of colors. All the creations are absolutely fabulous!!! Loved the tags totally xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Hussena!! Beautiful cards and tag!! Love the collection!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful card and tags! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL !!! Loved the floral cluster and pained strips and the card a lot and the Tags are AWESOME !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Hussena! I like that hand painted stripes background... such a nice feel it gives to the card. And ah those cute tags!! Each of them is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Lovely set of tags Hussena! Glad to see the Wild Florals again. Beautiful they are with a nice card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cards and tags hussena,Loved the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and tags Hussena....
    Love the way you explained what all you have combined together....

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards and tags are so beautiful and colorful. Love them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and cute tags! They are colored so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Hussena! So well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards and tags love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow awesome cards love the 3d look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and such lovely tags, the stamping is so pretty and love the watercoloring on the tags too!

    ReplyDelete