Thursday, 4 August 2016

Papericious + Mudra Collaboration Blog Hop - Day 8

Good morning!
It's Hussena here from Papericious. We are teaming up with Mudra Craft Stamps to bring you a fantastic blog hop that you won’t want to miss! There will be an abundance of inspiration, and of course opportunities to win prizes! :)


Do not forget to checkout the gorgeous works by the ladies and leave them some love. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Over to my projects now!
I have TWO cards and an Altered Gift Box to share. I have used the latest release from Papericious which is the Mi Estilo & The Gentleman Paper  Packs for my projects & the latest release stamps from MUDRA.

Here's a look at my first card :


  1. To create this card, I first took an A2 card base and die-cut a frame which was slightly smaller than my base. 
  2. Them, I die-cut the script pattern paper from the Mi Estilo pack to create a diagonal pattern on my card front.
  3. I stamped and colored the Zinnia flower using three different shades of Distress Inks, then fussy-cut it and foam mounted it on my card front.
  4. I stamped the sentiment using the Sophisticated Sentiments by masking the sentiment half and half.
  5. I added some die-cut leaves and stamped & clear embossed leaves from the Wild Florals set to create my foliage.
  6. For the finishing touches, I added some color coordinating enamel dots & gold paint splatters.


Moving on to my next card :


This card was rather easy to put together and that might sound a bit weird as masculine cards are always difficult to make, but the Papericious Gentleman Paper Pack & Mudra DAD set are just the perfect match to make such cards :)

Here's how I made it :

  1.  To create this card, I first took an A2 red colored card base and die-cut a frame using the Argyle pattern Paper from the Gentleman Pack which was slightly smaller than my base. 
  2. Then, I took another paper from the same collection and again die-cut a frame smaller than my previous card front and foam mounted it for dimension.
  3. The white card panel was also die-cut using a Stitched Rectangles die & I have stamped the moustache, the glasses, the bow-tie and the sentiment from the Dad set.
  4. For the hat, I have done paper-piecing on the band of it using a pattern paper from The Gentleman pack.
  5. Finally added some google eyes to create some fun interest to my card.


The last & final project I have for you today is an Altered Box. 



Here's how I went about altering it :
  • I first gessoed the entire box so that it could take paint easily.
  • I then used the Prima Chalkboard paint to color my base. I made sure to cover all sides of the box as well as the insides to give it a nice, shabby look.


  • I then measured and cut pattern papers from The Gentleman paper pack and distressed the edges of the paper using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.
  • Then, I have die-cut a scalloped border using the Mi Estilo paper pack and I have used this border on all four sides of the box.
  • To embellish the top of the box, I have die-cut a few decorative frames using Spellbinders Dies. I have stamped the sentiment from the Mini Bunch set.
  • The flowers & the leaves are stamped & fussy-cut using the Daisy Bloom set. 
  • I have also used some die-cut leaves and some glitter flourishes to create my foliage.
  • Added some pearls and a butterfly to complete the overall look.




Pattern Papers and Stamps used :









That's it from my side. I hope you liked my projects and are inspired to create something using products from both Papericious & Mudra. Don't forget to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PRIZES:

What is a blog hop without prizes, right?

We have TWO  prizes up for grabs. Yes, that's right. There will be TWO Rupees 1000 vouchers up for grabs EACH to Papericious and Mudra Craft Stamps. Winners will be picked randomly from the comments left across both our blogs in the hop. Winners will be announced on the Papericious and Mudra blogs once the hop is over.



But, wait. This is NO Normal Blog Hop. We will NOT be giving you the Blog Hop List. You will have to check the Papericious & Mudra blog everyday and comment on the posts. The posts will be going live ONLY on these two blogs so you have to keep an eye out. ;)

Today is the 8th day of the Hop and this will go on till the 8th of August, so keep checking!

So, get, set, go! Do leave us a comment below so that you can win the fabulous prizes!

28 comments:

  1. Good morning. Glad to see again new projects of Blog Hop. NICE cards and box. Thanks for your inspirations)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hussena!I love the text PP with gorgeous Zinnia flower and That Masculine one is soooo adorable! Love your Altered box with the addition of all little elements, just Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur projects are so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all soo beautiful :) nicely cordinated..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects :) The Zinnia pops out vibrant from the background, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..Beautiful mix of stamps and pps !I loved the cards specially the masculine one .The altered box looks gorgeous ,colored flowers pop on the grey pps !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creations,really simply awesome beautiful contrasts well mix of paper n stamps well done Mam once again I like ur work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards and a awesome altered box
    Love the script background of the card it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome.. so beautiful...loved it.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects Hussena! I am loving the use of Pattern papers in projects again... it had got lost lately with our watercoloring obsession I guess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow i love the projects. They are very well thought out. The gorgeous papericious gentleman paper pack and the mudra dad stamp set coordinate with each other so well. Would love to use them together. Thanks for sharing.
    Preeti D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful work, Hussena. I love how brilliantly you have combined the Papericious pp and mudra stamps, especially in the masculine card. Very creative work .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative each project ..
    Loved it..😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow!! These are really gorgeous projects Hussena! All of them are unique in their own way! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Hussena,loved the box too.Good mix of papers n stamps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects as always! I love the altered box the most as the colors are different yet go along so well together with the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow..all the projects are beautiful...Love the altered box...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely projects.I love the make over of altered box.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely.cards and super stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colors...and very nicely teamed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous and unique products hussena with both the combo. the box is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super beautiful projects dear Hussena.! Loved them all :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. absolutely stunning work Hussena!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful creations.... Very inspiring! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning projects! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful projects Hussena,love the box a lot !!

    ReplyDelete