Friday, 5 August 2016

Colors of rainbow

Hello friends,

Here I am with another set of projects to inspire you. Hope you all are enjoying the blog hop showcasing amazing projects and participating in the contest.

Here is my first card:

1. Stamp highlighting

Stamp highlighting is a technique where you color a part of the stamped image or one of the many stamped images so that the focal point is the colored image.



When I saw the Zinnia stamp of the July release, my immediate thought was trying stamp highlighting and rainbow coloring by Kelly Latevola.

I took two layers of white card stock and stamped the images. Colored the images on base card with shades of grey(only the parts visible) and the smaller panel with rainbow colors. I used Zig clean color pens for coloring. Adhered the panel matching with the base and finished off by adding few sequins. I stamped the sentiment on the colored image and outlined with gel pen to highlight it.


Stamps used:


2. Diorama shadow box card


I used the instructions to make the shadow box by Glenda Cairns. I used the Humming bird stamp set to create the layers in the shadow box. I colored the images with Zig clean color pens, stamped the sentiments from the same stamp set on the front with Versafine onyx black inkand heat set it with clear embossing powder.





Stamp used:

Would you like to give a personal touch to gifts or make someone feel special.. then here is a quickie.

3.Gift tag 





  • I took a watercolor paper - Canson Montval and cut it into 2.5 inches x 4.5 inches. 
  • Stamped the image from Mini bunch with Versafine black onyx and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
  •  I used the wet on wet method to color the image with Zig clean color pens. I colored the background with blue and yellow Zig color pens spreading the color well with water. I dried with heat gun between blue and yellow background so that colors do not mix. 
  • I splattered diluted black acrylic color and stamped the sentiment with Versafine black onyx ink
  • Finished by tying a twine at the top. 
Stamp used:

Hope my projects has inspired you to make something new. Mudra stamps are now available at the following stores:


Here is an interesting event - Mudra's First ever exhibition with 'Make N' Take' session. Hands on experience on stamping and more crafting fun today and tomorrow i.e. 5th and 6th of August.



Till next time, Happy Crafting!
Gayatri

29 comments:

  1. All your three projects are so pretty,Gayatri. I really love your diorama box. It's such an awesome idea. The gift tag and card are beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww stunning cards.I loveeee ur coloring.My fav is Humming bird Diorama shadow box card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid job done Gayathri! The Diorama box steal the show, love your pretty coloring with all gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many useful tips for a beginner in these projects. Thanks for sharing.
    Preeti D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects! The highlighting, diorama card and the super simple and cute tag loved all of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful n colorful card n tag ! I loved the diorama box card a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful n colorful cards,looks so happy n fresh

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the three projects looks very pretty... Love that colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the three projects looks very pretty... Love that colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWW! Stunning gorgeous cards!! Love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gayu diorama box is a visual treat, fabulous projects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa.! Just amazingg projects Gv.!! The spotlight rainbow coloring is fabulous :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping color projects! Love them! Card with stamp highlight technique is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pretty cards GV :) I am totally in love with your coloring :) B&W with colors is super fun & that humming bird scenery is adorable :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such stunning creations! Absolutely gorgeous Gayathri <3

    ReplyDelete