Sunday, 14 August 2016

Atc, Bouquet & Canvas ♥

     Good morning my dear crafty friends.
     This is Pon Malar here today sharing a few works of mine using Mudra stamps & a few stamping and crafting tips for you.
     Since this is a photo-saturated post I will try to keep my words to the minimum without boring you :p

Artist Trading cards


  • I took the left over card stock in which I had created a colorful background with distress ink sponging & cut them to ATC size & stamped the sentiment in black. I didn't get a perfect impression in the second one & tried to stamp a second time & botched it. That's why the fussy cut sentiment. 
  • Took a white card stock & stamped the Pooja thali from Raksha Bandhan stamp set using black archival ink.
  • Colored the images using a cheap sketch pen set.
  • Fussy cut & mounted using foam tapes.

Stamping Tips:
    1 ~ When using new stamps, clean them with water & ink them with versamark ink first. Wipe it with a baby wipe & then stamp using colors.
    2 ~ Always trial stamp a few times in left over card stock before the final stamping.
    3 ~ It is not necessary to have expensive markers for bright colorful images, I used a Sketch pen set I bought for Rs.20!! Make the most of your supplies.
    4 ~ Better get a stamping tool like Impresso to stamp repeatedly to get a crisp stamping. It will definitely help in the long run. ( Even if you don't no worries, add a fussy cut sentiment like I did :D ).

Bouquet of Flowers


  • I had a few of these zinnia flowers heat embossed & water colored with distress inks in my stash. 
  • So decided to make a quick & easy card. 
  • Took a pattern paper from Papericious Pretty basics collection & sponged with distress ink to darken the color. 
  • Folded it in the shape of a cone & tied a ribbon around it. 
  • Took a white card stock, splattered some DI drops & adhered the cone using foam squares.
  • Finally added the flowers to my wish & the bouquet is ready. (Planning to add a few leaves & some organza ribbon to the flowers to finish the look). 

Stamping Tips:
    5 ~ When you're bored or upset, get out your crafty stuff & create something. They will definitely help you out to refresh yourself & to make a quick card when needed. (my heat embossed zinnias).
    6 ~ Make sure your Versamark ink pad is juicy so that you get a good & even coating of embossing  powder.

Canvas - Mixed Media


  • Since this is a pictorial, I'm gonna let the photos speak for themselves!! He he, lazy me :p (Am happy to answer any doubts though!!).










Stamping Tips:
    7 ~ You can use any stamp to create a background. You can even create colorful pattern papers.
    8 ~ Even if you are comfortable with a particular stamping technique, never hesitate to venture out of your comfort zones. Stamping, heat embossing, coloring, no line coloring, masking, layering, creating a BG, etc...
    9 ~ Always look through your old stash, you'll always find a stamp you loved but lying neglected now because you're busy playing with your new ones. Old ones need your love too, he he. (My flourish stamp, I love that gold embossed BG).

Stamps Used: 








      And with this I finish my post for today & before I log off there is something I have to share with you.
     This is my final post for Mudra this season; I'm taking a break from crafting & Mudra creative team for a few months as my PG exams are fast approaching & I gotta read.
     Before that I thank each & every member of our creative team for their wonderful love & support and for the truck loads of inspiration. It would have been tough without you guys!!
     And last but not the least to Varshitha, who believed in me & gave me this wonderful opportunity to be a part of MUDRA. Thank you so much dear, love & hugs.
     And thanks to all my fellow crafters for their love & inspiration.
     I will still be stamp designing for Mudra, yay :) and will definitely join the Creative team again after my exams, if given the opportunity :)

♥♥ Dream, Create, Inspire ♥♥
Thank you so much for your visits & comments, they mean a lot to us ♥

Love,
Pon Malar.

16 comments:

  1. wow!!! All the project from ATC to MM canvas are fabulous!!! Love the MM canvas colors and gold embossing. All the best for your exams. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects dear :) loveee the MM canvas <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects!!! I love the stained background of your ATCs.. The the canvas is mind blowing!! Good luck with your future! Hope to work with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priya ♥♥ hope to be back soon :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome creations! Love all of them and especially that MM canvas is so vibrant and eye catching! Best wishes for your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priyanka ♥♥ glad you like them , hugs..

      Delete
  5. Woww stunning ATCs and i love the vibrant canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Atchaya ♥♥

      Delete
  6. Love all your beautiful creations and especially love that Canvas in vivid colors with textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ! Pon, you are rocking ! Each and every creation of yours is super awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwww!!! Loveee the projects!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I missed this post ! Loved the vibrant colors on your projects a lot !Loved the colorful Rakhi ATCs and the blooming card ! Fantastic mixed media canvas !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects and thank you for sharing the tips! Good luck with your exams and I hope to see you back here soon :)

    ReplyDelete