Sunday, 7 August 2016

A trio of cards!

Hello friends and fellow crafters,
This is Hussena here to share a few cards I have made using the stamps from Mudra's New July release..I was totally smitten with the range of stamps that Mudra has come up with in this new release and had so much fun creating with it...I have three cards to share and each of them is quite different from the other ...

First up is one of my favorite card made using the background building stamp..This was purely a labour of love and I feel the end results totally justifies my work :)



Here's how I created my card :

1.To create this card, I first took an A2 card base and die-cut a frame which was slightly smaller than my base.
2.Then I started creating my stamped border using the Mudra Pattern Builder set. I used the bigger individual stamps  to create my border.
3. I inked the three stamps with different shades of blue and green to get this color.
4.Once my background was done, I stamped colored and fussy cut some flowers using the Mini Bunch set. These flowers and leaves were foam mounted.
5. Added a braided twine in the middle and stamped my sentiment using the Raksha Bandhan Sketches set and the Brushed sentiments.
6. Finally added some sequins to finish my card.



Onto my next card :








1. To create this card, I first took an A2 card base and die-cut a frame which was slightly smaller than my base.
2. Then, I die-cut a circle using the Stitched Circles die. I further die-cut this circle to create a ring which I then colored using Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
3. I then inlaid the die-cut circle back into the negative space and added a die cut hexagon border in the back which was also colored using Distress ink Fossilized Amber.
4. I them stamped some flowers using the Daisy Blooms set. These flowers have only two step stamping and so do the leaves. so I first stamped the base colors using Altenew inks and for the second layer I heat embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing powder.
5. The flowers and leaves are fussy cut and foam mounted on the card base.
6. I stamped and die-cut the banner before placing it on the centre of the die cut circle.The sentiment is from the Brushed Sentiments set.
7. I finished the card with some black spatters using Black Acrylic paint and a few sequins.



My last card is quite a simple one :
                                                  



1. To create this card, I first took an A2 card base and die-cut a frame which was slightly smaller than my base.
2. I then loosely watercolored the panel using light blue Distress ink and after drying the panel completely, I stamped and heat-embossed the floral cluster from the Humming Birds set.
3. I then watercolored the flowers and leaves using two shades of Distress inks, Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron.
4. Finally stamped the sentiment from the same set and added a few die cut butterflies.


Stamps used for my cards :








Hope you like my cards. Do tell me which one is your favorite :) I would love to hear your views!

Mudra stamps are now available at the following stores:



Have a nice day everyone!

26 comments:

  1. Amazing creations Hussena, Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards.... I need to get my wish list ready from Mudra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty.i especially liked your detailed instructions on how to make these cards. Very useful for a newbie like me. Please let me know which colors or pens do u use for coloring the stamped images? Will get the same supplies. Thanks.
    - Preeti D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Preeti,
      Thank you. I have only used Distress inks for coloring the stamped images. I don't use pens or colors for coloring. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards Hussena. The color combinations are soft and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Trio cards, Hussena. As always...absolutely love the floral spray and the color choice...and the composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous cards. Really pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning work, Hussena. I always love how your arrange your floral images along with the other elements on your card. Everything looks so well-balanced !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations.Love ur choice of colors.Its breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to pick a Favorite !!Each one of them is Beautiful n Elegant with wonderful color combo !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards hussena,everything looks so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! I can see my designed stamp 'Mini Bunch'😍 Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful cards, Hussena <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hussena all your cards are so damn pretty! Such neat work and great selection of colors! Second one is my favorite. As you have matched up the dies fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards! Simply Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors and textures on all three cards Hussena!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the 3 cards are fabulous :) those fussy cut flowers are beautiful & love your coloring in that CAS card :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunningly beautiful creations hussena !
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. l loved ur cards....especially the honeycomb one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning Hussena! Each card is a piece of art and I can truly see the effort that must have gone into the first one but it totally awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your cards are pretty amazing!! LOVE each of them Hussena!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my they are all beautiful!! Terrific stamped border on the first card and your flowers are just gorgeous, great coloring. Love the design of the second card and your color combo for the flowers is so pretty! Love the little butterflies to go with your pretty flowers on the 3rd card, beautiful job with all these stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cards are so pretty Hussena! I loves the first 2 ones the most. The colors go along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a lovely presentation of card hussena, you blog hop event made me to buy mudra stamps. thanks for sharing beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete