Saturday, 30 July 2016

Raksha Bandhan Cards + Tips on creating cards in bulk!

Hello friends,

This is Ujjwal and I am bringing you some more inspiration for the upcoming festive season! Raksha Bandhan is an important festival in India that celebrates the beautiful bond between siblings. And if you have your brothers/sisters living away from you then these cards would definitely brighten their day and make it much more special.

The sketch print style stamp set "Raksha Bandhan" is one of my favorites from the July release and it so perfect for this festival.



I chose traditional colors for this card. I, first stamped the images using waterproof Archival Black Ink and then colored the images using Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils. Then, I used my waterbrush to go over the colored image. And then I used some Prima Mica Powder to add shine to the elements. Next, I fussy cut the images. For the background, I used similar shades of Gansai Tambi Watercolors to match the elements and created a fun background. I also added some splatters to add more interest. Then using foam adhesive, I adhered the elements in place. I then stamped the sentiment in blank ink and mounted it onto a yellow note card.

And then I used the same stamp set to create another set of cards. This time I went for a white on gold color scheme. I thought that added a festive touch and elegance to the cards.





For these, I first cut out some tags using vellum. Then I stamped the images using Versamark Ink on the tags and heat embossed them using gold embossing powder.  On a white layering panel(3.75"X5.5"), I splattered some brown watercolor and let it dry. I rolled up some gold thread between my fingers and stapled them along with the tag onto a white layering panel. Next I used foam adhesive to mount the panel on to a white note card. I also gold embossed the sentiment and adhered them with foam adhesive. To finish the card, I added some sequins for more interest and design.



These cards were so quick and easy to mass produce. And since we always need more than one card on festivals, here are some of my tips on creating cards in bulk.


Tips of creating card in bulk



  • Simple Design
               Keep the design simple because no matter how simple the design looks when you are creating one card, it can become a huge task when you are mass producing, say 100 cards. 
  • Easy to find supplies
               When you are finalizing the design, make sure to check your supplies and see if you have enough to create the number you want. Or if you'll be quickly able to replenish them in case you run out of a material in between.
  • Compartmentalise
                Compartmentalization is very important. It not only makes your tasks easier but also faster. So in case I would want to replicate the gold embossed cards, my first step would be to cut and fold the white note cards, then cut all the white layering panels and then all the vellum tags and so on.
  • Use tools
                Crafting has been made so easy now. You have tools for everything which let you work faster and more accurate. You might not need a trimmer or a score board when creating one card at a time but when you are creating in bulk, tools really help. Consider buying a electronic die-cutting machine than a manual one, invest in an envelope punch board and buy that stamp positioning tool.
  • Involve Friends and family
                 This is the most fun tip that I could ever share with you. When you are creating in bulk, involve your friends and family and let them help you. Not only you get to spend time with your family but your work gets done faster. Plus, they start respecting handmade more. It's a win win.

So I hope you have fun creating loads and loads of cards for the upcoming festivals and send your dear ones a little bit of sunshine. Have fun creating.

If Interested, you can buy Mudra stamps from any of the following stores:


Keep watching this space as we have loads of inspirations lined up for you!

20 comments:

  1. varshitha your stamp collections are fantabulous, ujjwal i loved each and every cards which you have made out of it. tempts me to move into stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shylaa, I would love to see you stamp :) Thank you for appreciating!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards Ujjwal! The gold embossed cards are simple but very elegant. Good tips too!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gayathri! I love the gold embossed ones too :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards.Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Thanks for sharing important tips Ujjwal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful stamp design Varshitha !! Ujjwal, lovely cards and some golden tips, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Ujjwal :) I especially love that water colored one, looks fabulous. And the golden cards are just perfect :) and thank you so much for the tips, much needed :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful projects.. loved it.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOnderful cards Ujjwal ,loved the watercoloring on first one and the set of gold embossed cards are so festive n Elegant ! I have never mass produced the cards till now but when ever I do I know what tips to follow :) Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi as it is popularly known is celebrated on a full moon day in August with great fervour all over India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards :) And thanks for those tips too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantabulous cards Ujjwal.!! The watercolor card stole my heart :) <3
    Thanks so much for the great tips <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful watercoloring and Gold embossing is such elegant and rich touch to cards...As always...Wonderful cards, Ujjwal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Ujjwal...thanks for sharing the tips..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Ujjwal! And thank you for the tips on creating cards in bulk :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. Thanks for sharing :)
    Preeti D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning art work! Details on first card is amazing! And the gold embossed ones are simply unique in their own way, just amazing! Thanks for sharing these wonderful tips! :)

    ReplyDelete