Friday, 3 June 2016

Mudra Guest Designer : Vithya

Hi all, 

Today we have Special Guest Designer / Stamp Designer, Vithya on our Mudra blog. 

She does Awesome CAS cards and blogs at An Ink Crush. “DAD” is her Debut stamp design for Mudra. It has very nice elements and great for any Masculine themed cards.  

Great working with you, Vithya. I am sure, we all can expect more lovely stamp designs from you!!

Lets see her take on her own design make - DAD Stamp set !!

Over to Vithya...


"Hello Everyone,

This is Vithya. I am so excited to share my cards on the Mudra Blog, today. I’ve made all the cards using the stamp set I’ve designed – DAD.


For my first card, I used the pen images from the set. You don’t always need multiple-step stamps to achieve the shaded look. I inked up my solid image in memento rhubarb ink, and wiped off a part of the ink, I did this a couple of times to get a nice shaded look on my pen. The solid and the outline images are easy to line up. The trick behind aligning the stamp is to make sure that the nib is aligned, and you see no open/white area where the lines fall. I repeated the same steps for the cap. The colour I used is memento desert sand. The sentiment was stamped using memento tuxedo black. I finally finished off the panel with a few enamel dots and a strip of silver glitter washi tape, and mounted it on a grey cardstock.






For my next card, I used the watch image. I stamped the watch using memento tuxedo black, and filled in the solid area using hero arts soft sky ink. I also used the same ink for my sentiment. The tag is from Wplus9, and the piece behind the watch was die cut using SSS grid border, and cut out using scissors randomly.  I finished off the card with die-cutting the left edge with lawn fawn stitched edge die.




My next card, is a mini. I used the crown image from the stamp set and coordinating sentiment for this simple card. I again used the wiping-off technique to get a shaded look on the crown. Ink – PTI Ocean tides.




This is super bonus card.. Stamped the solid pen in green and outline in black to get complete pen look. Sentiment stamped and layered it with the polaroid cut, stuck some foam stickers saying DAD.   The base layer is randomly stamped with outline of the pen cap, using grey ink in white cardstock. 





Hope you will like this set. There are so many other ways you can use it. You can use just the circles for a bokeh effect. The crown can be stamped multiple times to make patterns. There are so many other possibilities with the pen and the watch as well. Including retirement, and graduation cards.
The watch can even be used to make anniversary cards, provided you mask off the sentiment – SUPER DAD.

Please do visit my blog, for more posts and inspirations using this stamp set DAD.

Hope everyone is having fun waiting for the Mudra May release. Thank you so much, Varshitha for giving me the chance to design this stamp set, and also do this guest post. "

Wow...Such lovely inspirations, Vithya. Thank you :)

Guys, Hope you have enjoyed the series of May Release Inspirations. We will be back soon to catch you up with lot more. Stay tuned!!

Happy Stamping!!

18 comments:

  1. Wow all cards are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your creations are so beautiful with Masculine feel and Love the last one most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All cards are so cool Vithya! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All cards are super awesome! Lovely stamp set Vithya and what a wonderful array of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cards are super awesome! Lovely stamp set Vithya and what a wonderful array of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards. I loved the polaroid card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cards, Vithya :) Beautiful stamp design too :) Thanks for being our Mudra's Guest Designer today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the cards are superb!!!
    Thank you so much for inspiring all of us with your CAS cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like them ..loved them to the bits Vithya !! Specially the last one my fav !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like them ..loved them to the bits Vithya !! Specially the last one my fav !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!! Love the CAS design!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much everyone, for your supportive comments. Loved working with Varshitha. So glad people like the stamp.

    Love,
    Vithya

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love each & every card Vithya :) soo much of CAS goodness <3 luv luv luvvvv them :) dat's an amazing stampset indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love each & every card Vithya :) soo much of CAS goodness <3 luv luv luvvvv them :) dat's an amazing stampset indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Everyone! I'm giving away one of this stamp set on my blog, do visit aninkcrush.wordpress.com thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vithya this stamp set is gorgeous and so are your cards :)

    ReplyDelete