Thursday, 23 June 2016

Building a scene around stamps!

Hello,

Did you get a chance to lay your hands on the Mudra May release? If not, I highly recommend you to give them a try. The designs are unique and absolutely amazing.

Today, I wanted to show how to build a scene around your stamps and make them come alive. I am using the very beautiful Ria stamp. I love that it's a big size stamp and would work well for scrapbook layouts, albums and even canvases as the design team member Pon Malar showcased earlier this month.

Here are the steps I usually follow while building a scene but you can always experiment and do it the way that you are comfortable with. I always start with a little plan for the scene in my head and often draw the scene on a scrap piece of paper before starting on the actual project. 



Once I have the scene all planned, I start by stamping the image. I used the Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to stamp so that when I watercolor the scene, the image outline would be softer and not harsh.


I then used the Nirmal Transparent Watercolors and a waterbrush to color the image.


Next, I used a pencil to lightly draw the scene around the image. 


And then I water colored the sketched scene around the main stamped image.



And then I just hand wrote the sentiment with a regular pilot pen and also added some highlights and finishing touches to the whole scene.



And there you go! Here's the complete project. I decided to go with a cityscape as my background but you could experiment with a garden background, picket fence or anything else you can think of. I think with Ria stamp, anything will look wonderful. 


I hope you try building your own scene using Mudra Stamps and share with us. You can find Mudra stamps with the following retailers,
Also, we have the Design Team call running till 26 July 2016. If you feel you'll be a good fit for the Mudra Creative team, don't forget to apply.




See you soon again!
Love,

15 comments:

  1. Wow Ujjwal, love how beautifully you colored this Indian image with amazing scene created! Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow woww woww.! Absolutely gorgeous coloring Ujjwal :) <3 I always imagined Ria in the midst of a cityscape & U've totally brought it into life :) <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is incredible colouring and scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does not look like a stamped image at all ,looks like a hand-drawn water color painting !Thanks for sharing it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful scene..love the card! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute awesome coloring Ujjwal...beautifully brought out to life 😊☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolute awesome coloring Ujjwal...beautifully brought out to life 😊☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!! stunning coloring and the scene you have created is absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning dear :) love that pop of green in the city scene :) Ria is gorgeous dear, lovely coloring as usual :) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Ujjwal!! Lovely coloring!! The scene you have created is lovely!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done Ujjwal..!! Awesome coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do i get nirmal watercolors??

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally love the artwork
    how could one make avail of Nirmal Transparent Watercolors ?

    ReplyDelete