Tuesday, 24 May 2016

My favorites! Lotus Blooms and Floral Silhouette

Hi All,

It's Priya again from priya-n-papers! I was given the opportunity to pick some of my favorite Mudra stamps and craft! It was hard to pick from all the beautiful Mudra stamps I have so far, but I settled down for "Lotus Blooms" and "Floral Silhouettes".

My Favorite 1 : Lotus Blooms

As you all might have guessed by now, I have control issues! When I work on a stamp, I want to try all the possibilities with that stamp at once! so again, I made 3 cards with this stamp set! All 3 cards have same design or stamps/layout but different techniques!

Card 1 : Coloring on Vellum :


 Procedure :
* I made my background with a 3D embossing folder and lightly colored it in blue and yellow colors.
* Then I did some heat embossing with white embossing powder.
* I brought in some zig clean clear brush markers and colored in the embossed images. For some added fun, I blended the colors with wink of stella clear glitter pen.

Here is a close up. It looks so gorgeous in real!

Card 2 : Heat embossing on Vellum


Procedure :
* Prepared the background with Red, Yellow and Blue color markers. Blended these for a rainbow effect
* Then I stamped the outlined images with clear embossing ink and embossed it with Silver embossing powder.
Love how the silver images pops out!

Card 3 : Distressing with Water lifting
I recently learnt this awesome technique and thought of sharing with you all!
Procedure :
* Heat emboss the outlined images on watercolor paper
* Distress whole paper with various distress inks.
* Now put water inside the outlined lotus images with the help of a paint brush and lift the water off the paper using a paper towel.

Love how this turned out!

Stamp Highlight : Lotus Blooms



My Favorite 2 : Floral Silhouette 

I totally loved this solid floral stamp! Last time I colored the images, this time I wanted to try heat embossing. While selecting the colors, I thought of those pretty Indian sarees and the rich and fabulous color combos these comes in. I wanted to achieve that elegance in my cards too! Pics are not able to do the justice to the beauty of these cards.

Procedure :
1. Layout the floral images from the stamp set as per your choice onto your stamping tool or acrylic block.
2. Stamp the layout with clear embossing ink and heat emboss the panels with Gold and Silver embossing powder
3. Die cut the panels with some stitched dies. You can also trace and cut
4. Now distress the 4 pieces with distress inks of your choice
5. Put the panels together and you are done!

Stamp Highlight : Floral Silhouette 



I hope you liked my favorites! Do share your creations using Mudra stamps on our Facebook group Mudra Creative Stampers.

Want to buy Mudra stamps? Pick your favorite ones from the top craft shops in India! You can find Mudra stamps at The Craftshop and Lulupu

I wish you all a great day!
- Priya


15 comments:

  1. Priya, your fabulous creations are always treat for the eyes with such innovative designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Lotus blooms jumps off the card...Such striking cards, Priya :) Ur coloring and card designs are always a visual delight :)

    Such an awesome stamp design, Ponmalar...this will be everyone's fave, no matter how many new stamps Mudra comes with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are really beautiful Priya! I love what you did with vellum! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards. Love the coloring of Lotus blooms. Superb dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards..Embossing and vellum looks Rocking !

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! Absolutely lovedd these! They're so simple yet they look so sophisticated and crisp in design! Just beautiful!
    - Khushboo Gandhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! The vellum cards are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty cards Priya. Loved each one of them :) ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mind blowing dear Priya.!!! U've brought out so much variety.. I can't help staring at the awesome shimmer with wink of stella blending 😀
    Absolutely loved each & every one of the cards :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mind blowing dear Priya.!!! U've brought out so much variety.. I can't help staring at the awesome shimmer with wink of stella blending 😀
    Absolutely loved each & every one of the cards :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Priya! Wonder how you chose your colors differently all the time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the cards are so fabulous Priya!! Now I m tempted to try out my Mudra stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Priya, I can't help but keep staring at your lotus cards :) they are just too awesome dear. Stunning coloring & such fun ideas :) :) and fabulous embossing of the florals...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cards. Love them all x

    ReplyDelete