Saturday, 14 May 2016

April Release - Second set of Inspirations featuring Peacock Feather Doodle and Cutie Tweety

Hi All!

It's Priya here from Priya-n-Papers. I am here again to inspire you all with some of the cards I made with Mudra "Peacock feather doodle" and "Cutie Tweety" stamp set. Each one is so elegant and so different!

1. Peacock Feather Doodle - This is a very classy stamp set with a large peacock feather image and some matching sentiments! I am going crazy over this stamp set! It is so perfect for solid stamping as well as coloring! I am showing you both ways here! We can make wedding cards, Diwali cards, Raksha Bandhan cards using this stamp set as it has that indian ethnic look.

1. Watercolored Birthday card :

I first saw few pictures of peacock feather on internet to understand the colors so that I can give a realistic look! I was amazed by the vibrance of a peacock feather.

Procedure :
1. Stamp the peacock feather image with a dye based ink on watercolor paper.
2. Color the open areas of the image with any coloring medium. I used zig markers here.
3. Color the outside of the feather with a combination of green and yellow watercolors. it gives a real feeling of a peacock feather
4. Add a sentiment to the card. I used Birthday wishes from Floral Fantasy stamp set. I love the elegance of the font which was matching perfectly with the peacock feather image.
5. Basically this is it. But I diecut a curve using an MFT curve die at the bottom and added 3 similar die cut curves with matching cardstocks to jazz up the card.

2. Card set with heat embossing :

As I mentioned above, the stamp is so versatile that we can also use it only for stamping/heat embossing to create a complete card. I love the layout of this!
Procedure :
1. Take 2 colored cardstock of A2 size. Stamp both the cardstock at exactly same position using versamark embossing ink.
2. Heat emboss both panels using Golden embossing powder.
3. Die cut a curve in the middle of the panels. you can also trace and cut. It's a simple curve.
4. Interchange the 2 pieces and 2 cards are ready! Love love the outcome. I was able to make and arrange these 2 cards in 30 mins!!

Stamp sets used : Peackcock Feather Doodle and Floral Fantasy (for sentiments)



2. Cutie Tweety : oh boy! did you see how cute the stamp set is? It has 7 birdies images with other coordinated images that you would need to make awesome birdie scenes. I made 2 scenes here using the stamp set, a blue cloudy sky and a warm evening scene.


Procedure :
1. Take 2 cardstock panels of size A2. We will first prepare the backgrounds. For a day scene, I die cut clouds and used it as my mask to create clouds while I distressed it with Peacock feather distress ink. For evening scene, I used cloud and a circle die cut as mask to create sun and clouds. I distressed it with  Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade distress inks.
2. For evening scene, I also stamped the branch image multiple times using different green color inks to  create field effect.
3. On a separate piece of cardstock, stamp the birdie images with a black dye ink and color it with any coloring medium of your choice.
4. Fuzzy cut the birdies and stick it to the backgrounds we created as per your choice!

Stamp set used :

This is it from my side. But before I go, I wanted to share a happy happy news that Mudra stamps are now available at our favorite craft store Lulupu as well! isn't it amazing! We are going places!!
So now you can buy Mudra stamps from top 2 Indian craft stores!
1. The Craftshop
2. Lulupu

I also want to thank all the love and support you have showered on all CT creations! We are overwhelmed to see all the lovely comments you left!
Hope you have a crafty weekend!

- Priya


11 comments:

  1. fabulous cards priya, varshita mudra is going is rock in the craft land. My best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw dropping creations Priya.!! Absolutely Love them all :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creations Priya. Your color choices are always absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations.Coloring is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Priya :) :) love how you play with colors & diecuts :) :) fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Priya!! You make art out of craft!!! Superb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color schemes and fab play with dies...You know to stretch stamps so effortlessly, Priya! Keep Rocking girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how you jazz up your cards with various die-cuts Priya ! Adds to the Elegance n beauty of your cards.I a ved all of them and the one with warm evening scene is my favorite beautifully done sky n the generation stamping for field.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love how you jazz up your cards with various die-cuts Priya ! Adds to the Elegance n beauty of your cards.I a ved all of them and the one with warm evening scene is my favorite beautifully done sky n the generation stamping for field.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards! Love the second card where you interchanged panels to create 2 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are stunning. You ladies are very talented...... Elaine Byrne aka Lainee

    ReplyDelete