Thursday, 28 April 2016

Mudra Guest Designer Inspiration | Gayatri Murali

Hey Hi All! 

We are so excited to have Gayatri Murali in our blog today. 

She is an Indian crafter, currently residing in Australia. She needs no introduction in Crafting world. Known for her awesome CAS cards, with such classic style of making. She brings out multiple possibilities for a single stampset. Her Unique ways of using bright and classy colours, are definitely a visual treat in her projects.
  
Let's hear from her about Mudra stamps...Over to Gayathri!




"Hello everyone,

Welcome to Mudra Stamps blog today. I am Gayatri Murali from Handmade By G3! I am so thrilled to be Guest designing for Mudra Stamps and Thank you Varshitha for the opportunity and generosity.
When I received the package, I was so excited because this is the first stamp set I received that is made in India. I am proud of that and showed them off to my hubby and children J  Love the beautiful perfume when I opened the stamp set. The stamps in the set were nice and sturdy. I always prepare the stamp before stamping for the card. I ink the stamp using black ink and stamp on scrap paper several times. This helps the stamp take ink and stamp evenly. That worked perfect with all the images. I am so happy and proud to say the quality is very good. After that I could not wait to play and make cards.

I am sharing couple of cards with you all here and there are couple more cards I am sharing on my blog as well. Make sure you head over to my blog to see and read how I made them.

My first card showcases Let’s Party Stamp Set.



This is such an awesome birthday stamp set. I especially love the wonky birthday cake. I so wanted to colour the image the moment I saw it. So that is what I have done with my card below.

I stamped the image using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink and covered the image with masking fluid. Once the masking fluid is dry, I sponged Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean distress inks around the image. Then I removed the masking fluid by rubbing with my fingers. I coloured the cake with copic markers and added glitter in certain areas using the Sakura Gel pen. Then I stamped the stars and confetti around the cake. The sentiment is white heat embossed on black strip of cardstock. To tie in the black from the image and sentiment strip, I mounted the panel on black card base and embellished with sequins. Here is the closeup of the card.


My second card showcases Peony Love  stampset.



I love floral stamp sets. They are my all time favourite. Floral sets are very versatile and easy to work with. I prefer colouring them. For my card below, I have used masking technique and stamped multiple images of the Peony flower and coloured them with copics.



Then I cut out the along the lines of the flower on the top and adhered the panel to white card base. I stamped the sentiment from Let’s Party stamp set on the top of the card base. To make the peonies special, I added some more shading using black copic fine liner. You can see it in the cloesup photo. I have embellished the card with Sparkly Clear sequins.



Hope you like my card here showcase the beautiful Let’s Party and Peony Love stamp sets. Head over to my blog to see couple of more cards using Peony Love stamp set.
That’s it from me today. Hope you are inspired and have fun with these beautiful stamp sets.

Thank You so much, Gayathri for the lovely words about our Mudra stamps.

Hope you all enjoyed these two lovely cards by Gayatri Murali !! Don't forget to check her blog for some more awesomeness made using Mudra stamps :)

Catch you all soon with our DT Inspiration posts soon.

Until then, Happy Stamping!!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Gayathri. Its great to have you on our blog and Thank you so much for your nice words on our Mudra stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards dear, as always love your coloring :) and your out of the box thinking. Both are super pretty :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards and such lovely colors!!! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god! Gorgeous cards Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning creations Gayatri, you always use the stamps in different direction! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god! Gorgeous cards Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous cards, Gayatri! Love thr two on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! These are stunners! I enjoyed seeing Gayatri's wonderful creations! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Cards Gayatri! I love the way you colored the wonky cake and the cluster of peonies is just marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!!! Stunning cards!! I'm falling in love with the birthday card over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing cards gayatri, your floral card is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally understand the excitement of having Gayatri as Guest Designer !! I am totally loving her cards .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can totally understand the excitement of having Gayatri as Guest Designer !! I am totally loving her cards .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa.! Gorgeous cards Gayatri :) i luv luv luvvv the totally cool coloring on the cake & the peony cluster is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..gorgeous cards !! Both cards are brilliantly colored :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..gorgeous cards !! Both cards are brilliantly colored :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh these are off the charts beautiful Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Gayatri!! Love your style always!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards! These stamps look awesome!!! Just found you on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing cards Gayatri!!! your floral cards is outstanding!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete