Saturday, 30 April 2016

Colorful Feathers!!

     Good morning dear friends!!

     This is PonMalar here & I'm back again with two cards I made using the April release of Mudra stamp sets. I must say I'm so excited about the April months' release & had fun playing with these.

     Our Mudra stamp collection is here at Amazon which makes it a lot easier for you to get your hands on them :) 

     Well, let's get back to my cards!!

Card 1 ~ Tropical Birds 
     I used two stamp sets from the Mudra collection ~ Cutie Tweety & Dare to Fly!! And I'm happy to say that I designed the Cutie Tweety set. It's fun to play with my own designs ;) 



  • I stamped & heat embossed the sentiment & birds using black embossing powder. 
  • Then I colored the background using distress ink in shades of blue.
  • Finally colored the birds using these cheap markers I bought years back. Believe it or not, they just cost Rs.6 each & they give me vibrant colors.
  • Stuck the finished panel to a blue card-stock & finally assembled my card!!


Stamps used:     
     Cutie Tweety


     Dare to Fly


Card 2 ~ Colorful Peacock Feather
     I used a single stamp set, the "Peacock Feather Doodle" for this card. This is one beautiful & elegant doodle stamp designed by my friend Riswana. And there are endless possibilities of cards with this stamp.
     I don't own a stamping tool & so can't do repeated stamping!! So I adopted an easy way to bring about the shades in a single image.



  • I used different shades of pigment ink & started smooching them to the doodle stamp starting from the center of the design. I tried to blend the colors a little bit on the stamp itself. 
  • Finally stamped the image on my white card-stock & embossed it with clear embossing powder. 
  • Sponged the borders with blue Distress ink.
  • Heat embossed the sentiment in white.
  • Finally stuck the panel to my card base; adorning it with strips of glitter paper in the colors matching the stamped image. 



Stamp used:     
     Peacock Feather Doodle


♥♥ Dream, Create, Inspire ♥♥
Thank you so much for your visits & comments, they mean a lot to me ♥

Love,
PonMalar.


22 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Ponmalar...Love the colors chosen, blending. Even the tiny birds are beautifully stamped and colored. Congrats Ponmalar and Rhizwana for yet another release of your own stamp designs..I can feel the joy...Keep Inspiring! Keep Rocking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ I love how crisp these are stamping & had fun coloring ♥ sooo happy indeed...

      Delete
  2. Love the blue sky for these cute birds, beautifully colored and the doodling one is looking amazing and the addition of glittery stripes giving it more shine!Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ yep, I love that stamp designed by Rhiz ♥♥ one of my favorites. Glad you like the added glitters ♥

      Delete
  3. Wow lovely cards dear :) gr8 work with the bg & coloring <3 the touch of glitter in the second card is just perfect :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Rhiz ♥ it was just a momentary decision to add those stripes :) :)

      Delete
  4. very very pretty cards. Vibrant coloring of the tweety birds. Loved the doodle feather with smooshing technique!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear GV ♥ I enjoyed coloring, gotta do it more often :) :) and love the doodle stamp, can make cards in a jiffy :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful cards ! I loved the bold colors you have used on them..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!! Love the cute birds and peacock feather!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Berina ♥

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards dear! Love the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I love the peacock feather one with the glitter strips. So colorful :)

    -Aimless Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am bit late to see the post. Pon, You have really designed a wonderful set. and the coloring is also amazing.. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Thank you so much dear Parul ♥

      Delete
  10. Wonderful cards Pon Malar! I love the colorful birds and your multicolor stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Karthikha ♥

      Delete
  11. So so beautful Pon Malar...love both the cards especially the feather one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ it's my favorite too!!

      Delete