Sunday, 27 March 2016

Mudra Creative Team - Ponmalar

Hiya!!

We are so excited to introduce you to our Stamp designer cum Creative Team Member Ponmalar. “Love at first sight” happened when i first saw her Illustrations, cards and crafts!! Inspite of being Physician by profession, the time and dedication she gives to her Passion is overwhelming!! When she got into Stamp designing Team, she dint knew any professional designing software. But surprised to get her first design element using Adode in a week's time. This skill of her really stunned us. She has designed 2 designs for Mudra’s first release :)




She is also as excited as we are...

Here you go Malar!! 

     "Good morning my dearest crafty friends!! This is Pon Malar here & those who dunno, I am a Physician from India & passionate about crafting, photography, travel & much more. 

     I'm practically a newbie here in crafting field; started paper crafting around June, 2015. I was always passionate about arts for as long as I can remember. But still you can imagine the shock when someone contacts a newbie about designing stamps for their company & that too the first stamp manufacturers of India ~ Mudra. Thank you so much Varshitha, for believing & trusting in me and for giving this wonderful opportunity. It's a dream come true for me!

     And the first stamp set I designed was Lotus Blooms. That was a cool experience in itself, looking at 1000s of lotus photos to get their orientation, my first time trying digital drawing in Illustrator, asking a million doubts to Varshitha & to my wonderful team who guided me & helped me all along. 

     And thank you to everyone else from whom I get inspired :) 

     Today I'm sharing here the cards I made using Lotus BloomsVintagy Flourish & Metamorphosis stamp sets.

1. A special one, the first card I'm making during my first time as a DT using the first stamp set I designed. My happiness knew no bounds!!











  • Created a water-colored background with blue Distress ink & used a stencil to add some highlights to the border.
  • Stamped the lotus flower, bud and leaves onto Iris SG white card stock & embossed with gold embossing powder.
  • Fussy cut the layers & colored them using distress inks & added highlights to create depth to the petals. 
  • Assembled the lotus using foam tape, stacking them one over the other by aligning the petals. 
  • Finally assembled them all on my card base & it's done. 


Stamp set used : Lotus Blooms


2. A fun card incorporating a variety of techniques.






  • Stamped the flourishes repeatedly on a white card stock & embossed them with white embossing powder. 
  • Then sponged various Distress inks onto the card blending them as much as I can.
  • Then sprayed with water mixed with Gold perfect pearls, you can't imagine the shimmer it gives. (Not seen here in photo but trust me, it's there!) 
  • Finally cut them into strips of gradually increasing/ decreasing width.
  • Pasted the strips using double sided tape & added the sentiment in white embosiing powder with few pearls to finish my card. 


3. A quick & easy CAS card




  • Used the flourish stamps to create a border on two sides using stamping & masking technique.
  • Embossed with Bridal tinsel embossing powder. 
  • Also used the same embossing powder on my card base to crceate a shimmering border to my card.
  • Finished the card by embossing the sentiment in white & added few pearls.


Stamp set used : Vintagy Flourish


4. Lots of ATCs with the Metamorphosis stamp set.










  • Used distress inks to color a white card stock in a rainbow of colors blending them in & sprinkling few drops of water. The distress inks react with water giving a gorgeous background effect.
  • Cut them into standard ATC sized cards.
  • Stamped the elegant & an inspirational quote and embossed it in black.
  • Added few rhinestones for a shiny touch!!


  Stamp set used :  Metamorphosis



     That's it for today, now it's time to bid adieu to all!! Wishing you loads of happy stamping & creative days ahead. And do start hoarding these awesome Mudra stamp sets. :p ;) 

♥♥ Dream, Create, Inspire ♥♥
Thank you so much for your visits & comments. It means a lot to me ♥

Love,
PonMalar.”

Aren’t those lotus gorgeous!!! Do grab your stamps soon!!
And keep guessing our next Creative Team Member!! 

42 comments:

  1. Many Congratulations,PonMalar. I could truly feel the joy in you today. Keep Rocking!!! I absolutely loved all the cards shared here...Keep Inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ it was an awesome feel indeed, publishing my first post as a DT :)

      Delete
  2. wow!! all the cards are amazing. Ur CAS cards and ATC cards as well as the lotus card is fab. I loved the 3D effect of the lotus. Amazing !!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear ♥♥ glad you like these, CAS isn't really my style but I fell in love with that & trying to do more of those :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous creations PonMalar! The 3 D effect on lotus creation is just fabulous and love all others too! Heartiest congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear :) ♥ glad you like the lotus, it's my first ever stamp set & I wanted to do something different :) ♥

      Delete
  4. You are amazingly talented PonMalar !! Not being techie you have done a superb job with designing and lotus are my all time favorites .Loved your cards n my favorite is the dimensional lotus..so real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Pooja ♥♥ I love your cards too, especially your variety of styles; making each card different :) :) am happy you like my lotus dear ♥♥

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Pon Malar.... Lovely cards ....especially love that lotus card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words ♥♥

      Delete
  6. Wowww beautiful cards!! Love each one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ♥♥ glad you like them..

      Delete
  7. Woww all are really stunning.lotus card is just fabulous.n many congrats to you.so happy for u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearie ♥♥ so happy that you like the lotus card ♥

      Delete
  8. Congratulations pon...beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my God Dr...Your work is superb:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. O my God Dr...Your work is superb:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly an inspiration art..love the cards and stamp designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Suzna ♥♥

      Delete
  12. Truly fabulous projects dear :) <3 the 3D lotus stole my heart instantly.!
    Loved all your designs.. So happy for you :) Looking forward to much more awesomeness <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear sweets ♥♥ gotta buy your stamps soon :) can't wait to try them ♥♥

      Delete
  13. Wow...beautiful cards Pon Malar....love the 3d lotus...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...beautiful cards Pon Malar....love the 3d lotus...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heartiest congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous creations Pon! The 3 D effect on lotus creation is just stunningly beautiful and love all other creations too!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ am so so happy that you like it, it's a special card for me too ♥

      Delete
  16. Congratulations pon malar... stunning cards and more than amazing stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations pon malar... stunning cards and more than amazing stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the layering on the Lotus card so much Pon! Truly amazing! And those ATCs, so bright and colorful! I am pretty excited to get to know you better while working as a team together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear ♥ am so glad to be working with you as well, such a talented creative team indeed :) hoping to learn lots in the process...

      Delete
  19. Very creative ideas! Love all your products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words ♥

      Delete
  20. Lovely cards. Lotus layering is amazing, Pon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards. Lotus layering is amazing, Pon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What stunning cards. The lotus stamp is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete